Windows 10: Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell...

Discus and support Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought an HP Pavilion 570 desktop from Amazon a little while ago was upgraded to the 590 model. Start>Settings>About this PC tells me its an XPS 8930... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasBetts, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell...

Bought an HP Pavilion 570 desktop from Amazon a little while ago was upgraded to the 590 model. Start>Settings>About this PC tells me its an XPS 8930 from Dell. Cant activate windows on it cus I have the serial for Home edition but Pro is installed. Contacted Amazon about this and they told me the wrong Windows system image was installed and to fix the issue install Home edition following the instructions https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Problem however is that would require wiping the PC to do a clean install and while I can backup files to an external harddrive I have software installed for work which is limited to being installed on one PC. Amazon said I could also simply buy a Pro license key although Im worried I would need the one specific to the XPS 8930 the system image was created from.

:)

NicholasBetts, Aug 7, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 7, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell...

1. Bought an HP PC with Windows 10 Home, but whats installed is Windows 10 Pro with a Dell... - Similar Threads - Bought Home whats

2. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  6. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  7. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......

Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......: it is now saying that although it's currently activated it needs to be reactivated soon.One the Activation Page under settings is saysEdition: Windows 10 ProActivation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation serviceI went into command prompt and it gave me...
  9. bought windows 10 home but got windows 10 pro education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bought windows 10 home but got windows 10 pro education: I just bought a windows 10 home which of course came with the product key but after trying to use the product key, it did not activate and said about an error. I updated everything and downloaded the tools or something that was said relevant to the activation on windows 10,...
  10. Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!: I bought a PC 2 years ago and the Windows 10 version that came with it must of been a trial one. I got the watermark to ACTIVATE WINDOWS in the bottom right of my screen. After trying quite a few times to get the correct product key, the supplier has stopped trying to help...