Windows 10: Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

Discus and support Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a 10 year old Dell Inspiron laptop and I can't activate Windows because I'm guessing the version of Windows on there isn't supported/legit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nikachicky, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

I purchased a 10 year old Dell Inspiron laptop and I can't activate Windows because I'm guessing the version of Windows on there isn't supported/legit tells me that the product key is no good but it's the product key on the outside on the sticker on the laptop it says that Windows 10 wasn't activated. that Windows 10 was never activated before it was done. Sounds like they had like a fake key or something. I bought it on eBay so there it is I just want to legitimize it so I can personalize and use it . if anybody has any help let me know I have more details and pictures but I'm kind of stuck

:)

nikachicky, Nov 30, 2022

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Product Key from old laptop

So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop
    to activate windows on my new laptop?

YasserShkeir, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

Activate product key that was used for old laptop that was spolied

I bought a new laptop to replace my old one that could not start up. How do i activate my office using the same product key on my new laptop?

AlexJoseph3, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

1. Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key - Similar Threads - Bought old laptop

2. Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought an old laptop and I'm having problems with the product key: I purchased a 10 year old Dell Inspiron laptop and I can't activate Windows because I'm guessing the version of Windows on there isn't supported/legit tells me that the product key is no good but it's the product key on the outside on the sticker on the laptop it says that...
  3. I'm having problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having problems with my laptop: My laptop is full of harmful viruses so I wanted it to be new like I first got it. So I formated it and After it was done I saw that every file and apps were still not deleted and my screen was white. Can you please help me format my pc so that all the error and viruses and...
  4. I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.: I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key. It's a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, I am looking forward to make it Windows 11 Pro in another PC but I can't get it's product key, I have tried the cmd but it gave me a weird error, I also tried the Windows...
  5. I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.

I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.: I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key. It's a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, I am looking forward to make it Windows 11 Pro in another PC but I can't get it's product key, I have tried the cmd but it gave me a weird error, I also tried the Windows...
  6. I bought a laptop that had Windows 8 Don't have Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a laptop that had Windows 8 Don't have Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 installed i had a issue and replaced with Linux. I would like to put Windows 8 back on Laptop how can I get my Product Key?...
  7. I bought a laptop that had Windows 8 Don't have Product Key

I bought a laptop that had Windows 8 Don't have Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 installed i had a issue and replaced with Linux. I would like to put Windows 8 back on Laptop how can I get my Product Key?...
  8. Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key with the Laptop bought Online: Do I get the Windows Product Key when I buy a laptop Online. Here it comes preactivated and windows 10 as default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-key-with-the-laptop-bought-online/037afe31-00aa-4afc-9a24-a99e69c5e278"
  9. have old product ID but lost product key

have old product ID but lost product key: I have a zed note 11.6 with window installed in the package. I lost the product key but have the last product ID on which the windows were active. the product ID is 00325-86280-00000-AAOEM...
  10. Product Key from old laptop

Product Key from old laptop: So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop to activate windows on...