Windows 10: Bought anew copy of Windows 10 Home and now it's telling me the Product Key is invalid

Discus and support Bought anew copy of Windows 10 Home and now it's telling me the Product Key is invalid in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a new copy of Windows 10 Home a few days ago and did a fresh install on my desktop. After installing everything seemed right, including me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Breadford, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Breadford Win User

Bought anew copy of Windows 10 Home and now it's telling me the Product Key is invalid

I purchased a new copy of Windows 10 Home a few days ago and did a fresh install on my desktop. After installing everything seemed right, including me no longer having the "Activate Windows" Message on the bottom right of my main monitor. Today, however, I boot up to find that the message has returned, and my system is no longer activated. I tried re-entering my product key and using the "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" command which returned nothing but "OA3xOriginalProductKey" on the following line. I have tried all but re-installing windows to try and re-activate it.

:)

Breadford, Feb 14, 2019

2. Upgraded from windows 8.1 and have an invalid product key and liscense

As the title suggests I reserved my free copy of windows 10 from 8.1, but my windows 10 key isn't valid as it seems... I get the error code: 0xC004F034. Which tells me in the error description that my product key either doesn't exist or is invalid. Like
    i've said that's weird because i upgraded from a legit copy of windows 8.1. this "invalid" product key also prohibits me from downloading apps in the store. Please help.

RyanNotforyou, Feb 14, 2019
  3. CDeanT Win User
    Invalid Product Key

I bought my computer from Best Buy with Windows 10 preinstalled. Now I am upgrading Windows 10 and I get an invalid product key error. Why?

CDeanT, Feb 14, 2019
  4. PAH1986 Win User

Bought anew copy of Windows 10 Home and now it's telling me the Product Key is invalid

Invalid Product Key

My system crashed and then when it came back on it required my Product Key, I entered the correct key and it tells me its invalid. I have Windows Vista but now its trying to tell me its not supported and I have to upgrade to Windows 10

PAH1986, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Bought anew copy of Windows 10 Home and now it's telling me the Product Key is invalid - Similar Threads - Bought anew copy

2. Recently bought Windows 10 Home, can't find product key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recently bought Windows 10 Home, can't find product key: Recently bought Windows 10 Home via Microsoft Store. I am unable to find where the product key is.Went to order history and did not find anything.I have not received a confirmation email either. it has been ~30 minutes...
  3. Recently bought Windows 10 Home, can't find product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently bought Windows 10 Home, can't find product key: Recently bought Windows 10 Home via Microsoft Store. I am unable to find where the product key is.Went to order history and did not find anything.I have not received a confirmation email either. it has been ~30 minutes...
  4. Recently bought Windows 10 Home, can't find product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home product key is invalid: When I tried pausing updates, I was unable to do so because "my organization disabled that". However, I use my laptop personally, so I have no organization or administrator to control that. I looked into it further and saw that Windows Insider might have disabled it. But I...
  6. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  7. Invalid product key that was bought 10 minutes ago from Microsoft

Invalid product key that was bought 10 minutes ago from Microsoft: I bought this key from the Microsoft store and I go to input it in the "change product key" and it says invalid. I need help cause it make absolutely no sense why a key that was literally just bought, copied, and then pasted into the computer would be "invalid" and I already...
  8. windows says product key is invalid

windows says product key is invalid: I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7 key was). I bought a key from my wife's college (cuz it was free with her edu email).. Now windows says it's an invalid...
  9. Reset of Windows 10 Home - and product key now will not work

Reset of Windows 10 Home - and product key now will not work: Good Morning. yesterday I was unable to get any kind of wifi or internet connection via my laptop, so I did a reset of Windows 10 Home, as no options were highlighting for us, in the wifi section. Now , I have the product key , (taken from the registry) but the product...
  10. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey ERROR: dESCRIPTION - NOT FOUND