Windows 10: Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

Discus and support Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...in English? I bought a laptop for my sister on black friday - stupidly I thought it would be just an easy fix in settings, but there are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tsharpe, Dec 28, 2018.

1. tsharpe Win User

Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

...in English?

I bought a laptop for my sister on black friday - stupidly I thought it would be just an easy fix in settings, but there are still things coming up in German, which is no good for her (though I'd welcome it)

The main thing I need to do now is change the settings for that the computer runs 100% in English, will this require me to reinstall the OS from scratch? And if so how do I do that? (forgive me I am normally a mac user)

If it's relevant the laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 330s.

:)

tsharpe, Dec 28, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2018
  3. how do I reset my computer to start as new again?

bought a new computer, found a hardware issue, reset it, got the hardware issue corrected, re-started and now see 2 PC's listed. Want to completely reset the laptop and start new. How can I do this?

Buckeyecal53, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

1. Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely - Similar Threads - Bought computer Germany

2. How do i completely reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i completely reset my laptop: So I reset my laptop earlier today and it came back and said 'There was a problem resetting your pc', after that I tried to log in to my profile and it says 'User profile service failed the sign-in'. I cant reset my laptop OR log in. Im stuck....
  3. is it possible to completely reset a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to completely reset a computer: is it possible to completely reset a computer including the admin accounts, local accounts, updates, apps, etc i lost admin perms on my pc because when i was trying to change my mod account i did something wrong now i dont have admin powers on my pc thats why im asking for...
  4. is it possible to completely reset a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to completely reset a computer: is it possible to completely reset a computer including the admin accounts, local accounts, updates, apps, etc i lost admin perms on my pc because when i was trying to change my mod account i did something wrong now i dont have admin powers on my pc thats why im asking for...
  5. is it possible to completely reset a computer

6. New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German: 30..2022Hello,I have bought a new Computer bought in Germany - I live in Germany - that has Win 11 in German. Can one change the language or must one buy a new Win11? I have all my software in English.My Old computer has WIn 10 I was wondering if in the worst case I could...
  7. New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer bought in Germany ..... OS in German: 30..2022Hello,I have bought a new Computer bought in Germany - I live in Germany - that has Win 11 in German. Can one change the language or must one buy a new Win11? I have all my software in English.My Old computer has WIn 10 I was wondering if in the worst case I could...
  8. Computer completely reset itself

Computer completely reset itself: Hello, I am writing because I have a question. My computer froze and reset itself and deleted all my files. This has happened before, so I knew what to do. I reset my computer and hoped for the best. It didn't work. No matter how many times I tried, It still wouldnt go back....
  9. Computer restarted and reset completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer restarted and reset completely: I was using AUTOCAD and suddenly the blue screen with a message your windows need to restart came. The error code was dxgmms2.sys And after the restart was 100%complete my laptop reset to factory settings with all my files in c drive users folder,under a new folder created...
  10. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...