Windows 10: Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

Discus and support Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...in English? I bought a laptop for my sister on black friday - stupidly I thought it would be just an easy fix in settings, but there are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tsharpe, Dec 28, 2018.

1. tsharpe Win User

Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

...in English?

I bought a laptop for my sister on black friday - stupidly I thought it would be just an easy fix in settings, but there are still things coming up in German, which is no good for her (though I'd welcome it)

The main thing I need to do now is change the settings for that the computer runs 100% in English, will this require me to reinstall the OS from scratch? And if so how do I do that? (forgive me I am normally a mac user)

If it's relevant the laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 330s.

:)

tsharpe, Dec 28, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2018
  3. how do I reset my computer to start as new again?

bought a new computer, found a hardware issue, reset it, got the hardware issue corrected, re-started and now see 2 PC's listed. Want to completely reset the laptop and start new. How can I do this?

Buckeyecal53, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely

1. Bought computer in Germany - how to reset the laptop to be completely - Similar Threads - Bought computer Germany

2. I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?: How to make preinstalled Windows less Chinese and more English? I don't understand anything in Chinese and I already installed English language pack but I cant select English language as a system language in control panel , only available option is Chinese. Any solution,...
  3. how to reset/change laptop password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to reset/change laptop password: what steps are needed for changing/resetting my laptop password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resetchange-laptop-password/4f079234-8dd2-4d2a-b9e8-74c417527407"
  4. I bought the wrong laptop??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought the wrong laptop??: I bought my laptop from a gentleman on amazon, I physically met him and he never told me the laptop he gave me was made to not update(For editors and designers so the update doesn't ruin their progress. (Plus he never gave me the activation key,but i doubt it would work with...
  5. Found KMSpico on recently bought laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found KMSpico on recently bought laptop: Hi, I recently bought a lenovo ldeapad with an activated windows from an offline store,but after a month later its started showing activation errors and after searching my files i found a kmspico windows 10 activator,after researching about kmspico i found that it is not a...
  6. Problems resetting my laptop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems resetting my laptop computer: Hello, I tried to reset my computer (To Windows 10 from Windows 8) and it stopped at 40% while resetting. It has been at 40% for more than 1 week. This is the third time I have tried to reset my computer unsuccessfully. I have attached the message that I receive when I...
  7. Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop: I just bought a MSI A6000 laptop. bought it with windows 7 ultimate and upgraded it to windows 10 pro. it seemed to have a junk battery so got one on amazon. now the issue is sometimes it works on battery for a couple minutes and other times it shuts off as soon as it is...
  8. How to activate windows 10 after resetting completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows 10 after resetting completely: I was having genuine windows 10 from the manufacturer the windows file got corrupted so I installed new windows 10 using live usb but now the windows is showing it is not activated . Please help me how to resolve this problem....
  9. Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new computer and Bioshock2 will not start: I played Bioshock 1 and 2 on my old computer. I bought a new computer. Bioshock 1 plays but Bioshock 2 will load and I get the "online release date check" message. What do I do. 111945
  10. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to wipe files completely from laptop?: I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle...