Windows 10: Bought demo yoga 920 laptop, need to get rid of the demo program and reset as new

Discus and support Bought demo yoga 920 laptop, need to get rid of the demo program and reset as new in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Per the title above, I am the new owner of a yoga 920 laptop that was the last in store (apparently they have been end of lined as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarrod D, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Jarrod D Win User

Bought demo yoga 920 laptop, need to get rid of the demo program and reset as new

Hi guys,

Per the title above, I am the new owner of a yoga 920 laptop that was the last in store (apparently they have been end of lined as the display was too high quality???).

When the guy boxed it up, he said it would take too long for him to reset the laptop in the store and that I could do from home. Now I want to do so, I've poked around for a reset function but as I have spent the last 12 years in Mac land, this is proving problematic for me.

Any suggestions to get me a nice clean new start (without deleting the operating system or standard apps..) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Jarrod

:)

Jarrod D, Jan 7, 2019

2. nokia lumia 520 on demo mode

I just bought a new (from WalMart) a Nokia Lumia 635 and I have demo contacts reloading after I delete them and demo pics and much more demo stuff I can't get rid of. Can you help me please

bodeman803, Jan 7, 2019
  3. demo mode

i bought my laptop second hand and i just did a reset

now its stuck on demo mode

i try and turn it off but it asks for permission and wont let me click yes when it asks

so i cant delete or turn off demo mode what the hell do i do?

treyCarroll14, Jan 7, 2019
  4. 93tid Win User

Bought demo yoga 920 laptop, need to get rid of the demo program and reset as new

how to remove lumai retail demos

Resetting a demo phone deactivates retail mode, erases demo content, uninstalls apps, and restores factory settings. To reset a phone that is in retail mode, follow these steps:

• Open Settings > About and scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap
      Update demo phone.

• Next, tilt the phone in the following directions:

• Tilt the phone to the left. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in landscape.

• Tilt the phone upright. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in portrait.

• Tilt the phone to the right. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in landscape.

• Tilt the phone upright.
      Notice the text in the dialog changes from confirming an update to confirming a reset. Resetting a demo phone removes all of the demo content and apps and restores factory settings. To continue, tap
      Yes.

• Next, you’ll see the goodbye screen. The phone should restart and display rotating gears as it removes the demo content and apps. After the phone restarts, it returns to the setup Welcome screen. At this point reset is complete, and the phone is no longer
      in retail mode.

93tid, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Bought demo yoga 920 laptop, need to get rid of the demo program and reset as new - Similar Threads - Bought demo yoga

2. how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX...: how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX Hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-name-on-the-demo-computer/c097dfc6-a550-4196-a2e4-9f92eb3e369c
  3. how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX...: how do I get rid of the name on the demo computer I bought at Costco? and shut down the RDX Hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-name-on-the-demo-computer/c097dfc6-a550-4196-a2e4-9f92eb3e369c
  4. Minecraft "Play demo"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft "Play demo"?: Ever since I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft my play button has said "Play demo" and forcing me to buy Java edition even though I already have/had it. I looked it up and some people said it was something wrong with the launcher? How do I solve this?Edit: When my...
  5. Minecraft "Play demo"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft "Play demo"?: Ever since I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft my play button has said "Play demo" and forcing me to buy Java edition even though I already have/had it. I looked it up and some people said it was something wrong with the launcher? How do I solve this?Edit: When my...
  6. Stuck in Minecraft demo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Minecraft demo.: Today I tried to go into Minecraft but it was not recognizing that we have already brought it and was trying to get me to buy it again the buy date was 19/09/19. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-minecraft-demo/30c6c101-0214-48c9-a90c-b69a69e3aa52
  7. Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty: Hello all, my wife bought her lenovo yoga c920 through the windows store in calgary currently closed so we go online and all the windows site cares about is surface products. The warrenty is the windows one and it would be great if there is a contract number one can call...
  8. Demo???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Demo???: HI, So I bought my computer from Rent a center. Im not sure if they have remote access to my laptop... However, RAC is still showing under administrator under my Microsoft Log in on the Laoptop. Not for my Microsoft account just my log in to my laptop. How do I get them...
  9. Lenovo Yoga 920

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo Yoga 920: I've had my Yoga 920 for about 7 months. For some reason about 2 weeks ago my finger print scanner stopped scanning. As well, when I tried to restore it, Windows Hello blocked the option from me. How can this be resolved?...
  10. Halo Demo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Demo?: I loved the original demo of the first one so much! Just wondering... Are ppl still playing it? Was thinking about downloading It again if I can find it. 43049