Windows 10: bought HEIF extension, how do I install?

Discus and support bought HEIF extension, how do I install? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; bought HEIF extension, how do I install?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BG1_446, Aug 6, 2019.

1. BG1_446 Win User

bought HEIF extension, how do I install?

:)

BG1_446, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

HEIF Image Extensions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community

High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format is used for photos to keep down file sizes. It can also use the codes like HEVC to significantly improve file compression, while providing a netter image quality. I would request you to install the codecs:

HEIF Image Extensions
    and

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

If you are having issues installing like you mentioned query, I would suggestion you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 6, 2019
  3. 雲林仔 Win User
    HEIF Image Extensions

Dear Support Team,

Would it be possible to install HEIF image extensions without internet? Can we download the app first from internet and then install it in other computer? Thanks a lot.

(app link: Get HEIF Image Extensions - Microsoft Store )

雲林仔, Aug 6, 2019
  4. PerOtto Win User

HEIF Image Extensions

My Samsung S10 creates .heic pics and I have installed the HEIF image extensions from MS-Store.

I get no confirmation, only this: "Thank you. We're attempting to install on your device"

My pics is still not visible in W10. Doubleclicking displays the same old msg; "You need to install codecs from MS Store"

I then installed the iMazing HEIC-converter and get this msg: "Some files where not recognized as valid HEIC-files".

(My .heic files are downloaded from Google Photo w10 File Explorer).

Is the HEIF image extensions not installed or is my Samsung S10 producing incompatible files?

ps: I have now disabled the HEIC-saving in S10 and new pics will be stored as jpeg.

Code:

PerOtto, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. bought HEIF extension, how do I install? - Similar Threads - bought HEIF extension

2. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to removed installed HEIF extension: I installed HEIF extension on my PC hoping it would view HEIC images but it does not work.I tried going into Settings> Apps> Apps & features but UNINSTALL is grey out and TERMINATE does not work.I checked the community for a solution and it seems that I need a 3rd party app...
  3. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to removed installed HEIF extension: I installed HEIF extension on my PC hoping it would view HEIC images but it does not work.I tried going into Settings> Apps> Apps & features but UNINSTALL is grey out and TERMINATE does not work.I checked the community for a solution and it seems that I need a 3rd party app...
  4. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.: HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed. Just refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heif-and-hevc-media-extensions-cannot-be-installed/1bba18fb-3884-4d91-8afd-6167bba1676a
  6. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.: HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed. Just refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heif-and-hevc-media-extensions-cannot-be-installed/1bba18fb-3884-4d91-8afd-6167bba1676a
  7. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions cannot be installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Heif Image Extension

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Heif Image Extension: I loaded this extension and now wish to delete it as it does not work. It did allow me to open heic files at first, but now I am getting "we can't open this file message" when I try to open a new heic image from friends or my own phone. I tried a "reset" several times but...
  9. HEIF Image Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIF Image Extensions: Dear Support Team, Would it be possible to install HEIF image extensions without internet? Can we download the app first from internet and then install it in other computer? Thanks a lot. (app link:...
  10. HEIF Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIF Image Extensions: My Samsung S10 creates .heic pics and I have installed the HEIF image extensions from MS-Store. I get no confirmation, only this: "Thank you. We're attempting to install on your device" My pics is still not visible in W10. Doubleclicking displays the same old msg; "You need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is hevc extension download when purchased from microsoft

2. heif and hevc media extensions

3. heif extension download

4. helf image extension,
  5. heic image extensions install grayed out