Windows 10: Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key

Discus and support Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Against my better judgment I bought 2 HP Envy desktops with Windows 10 Home thinking it would be easy to format and reinstall Windows 10 Pro on them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Barry Brown bbrown, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key

Against my better judgment I bought 2 HP Envy desktops with Windows 10 Home thinking it would be easy to format and reinstall Windows 10 Pro on them both. Now after working all afternoon on trying to update the drive it still installs Windows 10 Home using the USB startup drive that has worked on every other computer I've updated recently from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

When I enter our Volume Licensing Key into "Enter a product key," I get the error "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050

If anybody can please help me with getting Win 10 Pro installed on this new HP Envy, I would sure appreciate it. I'm tired.

:)

Barry Brown bbrown, Jan 8, 2020

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

I ran the Dell OS recovery tool. It says I can only install Win 7 pro.
    I'm guessing this laptop was delivered as a Win 7 Pro, then either it was wiped clean by the guy who sold it and he installed Win 10 with a volume license and activate it with KMS or it was updated at the company that owned it with a volume license and the guy who sold it on ebay bought it after the lease expired.

as I was searching around with some different key tools and I found out this Win 10 installation was activated almost exactly 1 year ago. So sounds like some kine of corporate license that has to be re-activated each year.

to the last post-- I can't re-install Win-10 because I don't have it. I bought this laptop used and it was already installed. I didn't get any backup disks with it.
    Why would it work with the Win7 key after a clean install if it will not active with the win7 key now?

tikicarver, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key

1. Bought HP Envy Win 10 Home, denied to install Win 10 Pro with Volume Licensing Key - Similar Threads - Bought Envy Home

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  3. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  4. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reactivating the license key for Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating the license key for Win 10 Pro: Hi, changed my motherboard but not able to reactivate the license key as I got it from the Microsoft store and cannot see the keys. Called the tech support, get a case ID and get transfer around with no help......
  6. Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home

Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home: I have an old PC loaded with Win 10 Pro. As I cannot increase the RAM on this PC, I'd like to move to Win 10 Home. Is it possible with this license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-to-win-10-home/090c2436-3600-4f0d-8068-55f8030bddfe
  7. Win10 home digital license to win 10 pro with product key

Win10 home digital license to win 10 pro with product key: Bought a refurbished tablet with a "windows 10 pro for refurb pcs" sticker on it which has the product key. Tablet shipped with fresh win 10 home install, first thing that pops up on startup is the language screen, ie it's the first screen of a fresh install. It appears to...
  8. Aqcuire Win 10 Pro License Key

Aqcuire Win 10 Pro License Key: Hello, I want to buy a win 10 pro license key from this store: https://www.goodoffer24.com/windows-10-pro-professional-cd-key-32-64-bit.html and i need to know some info: 1. Is the key valid for an unlimited period of time? 2.Can it be used with an offline account?...
  9. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601