Windows 10: Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send...

Discus and support Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, later on for personal needs I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro by purchasing a license on Amazon.it the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maxiride, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send...

My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, later on for personal needs I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro by purchasing a license on https://i.imgur.com/InzvI25.png).

Since I need to drop the laptop to the repair centre by monday morning I have just few days to figure this out, they specifically told me to back-up data an my Pro license because they will most likely restore the machine as it was when I purchased it.

• Is there a way I can "revoke" the license I used so that I can re-use it when the laptop comes back?
    • How should I handle this situation?
    • "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" means that I will just need to login with my microsoft account on the laptop when it comes back in order to regain the Pro version?
    submitted by /u/Maxiride
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maxiride, Nov 21, 2019
  2. WisamNaji Win User

Activating Pro License

Hello,

Recently, I bought a new laptop and it has a licensed Home edition of windows 10. However I originally have a digital license for Pro edition connected to my account. I want to use the license on my new laptop and upgrade to Pro.

I obtained the pro license after upgrading from windows 7 and I had it on my earlier laptop which I formatted and sold already.

Now I am signed in with my account but it still shows Home edition but with a license linked to my account although the license is from manufacturer. How can I force it to upgrade to pro?

WisamNaji, Nov 21, 2019
  3. cbidlake Win User
    Nokia 6210 Navigation - license purchase

Hi,

You can check wether the license has been purchased correctly by Opening the Maps application and going to Options > Extras > My License.

Your license should be listed here. If it is not, i suggest Updating (can be done from the Options menu within My Licenses).

You will need to allow the device to go online to check the license server, but it should then acnowledge your purchase.

If you still have problems, please send me a private message with your IMEI (*#06#) and i will investigate further.

Cheers

Chris

cbidlake, Nov 21, 2019
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send...

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send...

1. Bought laptop with Home edition, later on I purchased a Pro license — now I need to send... - Similar Threads - Bought laptop Home

2. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  3. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  4. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11...: I bought new laptop with windows 11 home edition, now i want to upgrade it with windows 11 pro, can I upgrade directly with new license key ? Or need to install new OS ?...
  6. My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it...: My Laptop had Windows Pro when i bought it, then i reset it later down the line and now it has Windows Home which doesn't have Hyper V. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-had-windows-pro-when-i-bought-it-then-i/67eb8452-eeb7-48bc-9072-96c0f2caf9ad
  7. Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for...

Upgraded new laptop's Win10 Home edition to Pro and now I have to return the laptop for...: Hello All, I recently bought a new laptop with windows home edition installed. I paid and upgraded the windows to pro, same day, through windows upgrade program digital license. I also fresh installed windows to get rid of unnecessary apps. When I fresh installed windows...
  8. I purchased window's 10 pro license but they did not send the new key with the purchase.

I purchased window's 10 pro license but they did not send the new key with the purchase.: Split from this thread. I cannot figure out how to put the new license in the computer. I purchased window's 10 pro license but they did not send the new key with the purchase....
  9. Bought pro license to upgrade from home edition and now says I no longer have a vaild license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought pro license to upgrade from home edition and now says I no longer have a vaild license: Yesterday I bought a Pro license so I could upgrade my Home edition. I purchased it straight from the Microsoft Store on my computer (where I purchased the Home edition as well) and followed the on screen instructions to install it. Once it finished installing, it restarted...
  10. Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?: I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?...