Windows 10: bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...

Discus and support bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marybouquot, Apr 3, 2021.

1. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...

have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to upload the paypay purchase. down load did not work. Need to try reload. HELP please

:)

marybouquot, Apr 3, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Bought Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store, now stuck with "Activate Windows" watermark

I bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the Microsoft Store yesterday. Since installing it and rebooting my machine, I am now stuck with the "Activate Windows" watermark.

Things I've tried after consulting the documentation:

• Dead end #1: if I open the Windows Store again, search for "Windows 10 Pro", and click "Learn More", I get "You're running a non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail". When I then click "Get Genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retail", I get an error page: "We're
      not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version of Windows 10 […] Code: 0x8000FFFFF".

• Dead end #2: The purchase confirmation emails I received from Microsoft never mentioned any "product key".

• Dead end #3: I point my browser to my order history at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/, and click "Windows 10 Pro". This brings me to another error page: "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the
      page you're looking for is no longer available."

What should I do?

This is my first time using the Microsoft Store and so far it hasn't been a great experience.

MathiasBynens, Apr 3, 2021
  4. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...

Bought Windows 10 Pro upgrade, clicked on the Start Upgrade icon and it fails.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Do you have wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on the system?
    • Are you trying to upgrade from the Microsoft account?
    • Did you activate your copy of Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow these steps below:

1. In your Windows 10 Home PC, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on Go to Store on the right side.

3. Click/tap on Start upgrade to begin.

4. Windows will now start preparing for upgrade.

5. When finished preparing, your Windows will automatically restart and start upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

6. When finished upgrading, sign back in to your Microsoft account profile, and click/tap on Close.

You can also verify, if you have Windows 10 pro version, by following these steps below:

• Press Windows key+ R keys to open RUN command box.
    • Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Further, you can download the Windows 10 pro ISO file and perform a clean install, using the product key, which you have. Also I like to inform, to activate your copy of Windows 10.

Try to refer to the Microsoft article below and check, if it resolves the issue.

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...

1. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to... - Similar Threads - bought microsoft upgrade

2. Bought Windows 11 Pro and Cannot Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 11 Pro and Cannot Upgrade: Hello, I bought Windows 11 Pro, and currently have Windows 11 Home. Not sure why but it keeps throwing this error message code: Windows upgrade failed. 0x80070490. I have tried everything in this forum already, trying the generic code, and turning WiFi off, resetting...
  3. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store: I ended up having to restore the subject upgrade and it turns out my recovery device failed me. I've tried to be meticulous in backing up my software and configuration, but it appears I have failed because I can't even find the product id detail or procedures I received...
  4. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store: I ended up having to restore the subject upgrade and it turns out my recovery device failed me. I've tried to be meticulous in backing up my software and configuration, but it appears I have failed because I can't even find the product id detail or procedures I received...
  5. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...

bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...: have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to upload the paypay purchase. down load did not work. Need to try reload. HELP please * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  7. Windows 10 Pro vs Education? Just bought Pro for a $100 yesterday..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education? Just bought Pro for a $100 yesterday..: Coming from using a Mac, I’m hearing education is actually better? I use lots of excel and now do some coding for my classes as well. I’m also a student, so I’m wondering if I probably already have or get education for free and no point in even getting Windows 10 Pro. Any...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...
  9. Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!

Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!: I bought a PC 2 years ago and the Windows 10 version that came with it must of been a trial one. I got the watermark to ACTIVATE WINDOWS in the bottom right of my screen. After trying quite a few times to get the correct product key, the supplier has stopped trying to help...
  10. upgrade ti windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade ti windows 10: YES! upgrade! windows 10 for gaming is bad,really really bad,need to go back to windows 7...any idead how i can get there? i am on a laptop and i havent got cd port and i dont want to burn any file...any simple method...i have windows 10 for a year now and i havent got...