Windows 10: bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...

Discus and support bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marybouquot, Apr 4, 2021.

1. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...

have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to upload the paypay purchase. down load did not work. Need to try reload. HELP please

* Moved from Virus & Malware

:)

marybouquot, Apr 4, 2021

2. No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 4, 2021
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Apr 4, 2021
  4. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install...

1. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need to try to install... - Similar Threads - bought microsoft upgrade

2. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  3. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  4. Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......: it is now saying that although it's currently activated it needs to be reactivated soon.One the Activation Page under settings is saysEdition: Windows 10 ProActivation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation serviceI went into command prompt and it gave me...
  5. bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bought microsoft upgrade to pro yesterday...instalation error,,,need ti try to...: have new dell windows10 home. Needed to upgrde so that it had windows por...remote assistance app. Paid $99 for the upgrade, the computer tried to upload the paypay purchase. down load did not work. Need to try reload. HELP please...
  6. Error when trying to install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when trying to install Microsoft Store: I do this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} And get this: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error...
  7. Microsoft error when trying to install printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft error when trying to install printer: I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it. When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft account account, but i get this error. Request Id: 17442f1b-0f94-4439-98d5-0cb8459cfc00 Correlation Id:...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...
  9. Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!

Bought Windows 10 HOME, its trying to install PRO. HELP!: I bought a PC 2 years ago and the Windows 10 version that came with it must of been a trial one. I got the watermark to ACTIVATE WINDOWS in the bottom right of my screen. After trying quite a few times to get the correct product key, the supplier has stopped trying to help...
  10. Need help with Upgrade installation

Need help with Upgrade installation: Hi About a week ago whilst trying to fix my corrupted Steam installation,i was advised to restart in Safe mode and networking.Bad luck for me is that I did this from MSconfig(Safe boot and network),and not using the boot manager and choosing Safe mode and networking from...