Windows 10: Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

Discus and support Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Can I get Xbox to recognize my Minecraft user name so it knows I have already purchased the game to play on my PC? I downloaded the game a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlotteTheDog, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

Hello! Can I get Xbox to recognize my Minecraft user name so it knows I have already purchased the game to play on my PC? I downloaded the game a couple years ago. Now I want to play it on Xbox for Windows. Is there a way to connect the two so I don't have to purchase Minecraft again in Xbox for Windows? Thanks in advance!

:)

CharlotteTheDog, Oct 25, 2018

2. Minecraft: Better Together - Not "Xbox Play Anywhere"

I bought Minecraft on Windows 10, thinking it would be available to play on Windows 10 AND Xbox One, just like how certain games are doing exactly that. (I.E. Xbox Play Anywhere) I then realized that Windows 10 and Xbox One versions of Minecraft are two
    different games, even though they are both simply called Minecraft, no extra titles to the names, as if they are Xbox Play Anywhere games. Is it possible that Microsoft will have some sort of update to make them the same game? Or am I stuck with just one version
    of the game, and I'm going to have to buy another copy of the exact same game just for my Xbox? I'd like to add that they are the exact same game now, since they recently allowed cross-platforming with one another.

Richyman397, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 on XBox One

Hi Taylor,

Players who already have the previous PC or Mac edition of Minecraft (running on Java) can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network.
    To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Were you able to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on your PC?
    • Did you purchase a copy of Minecraft for Xbox One?

The games that you can play on your Xbox console and your PC without paying additional costs are called Xbox play Anywhere Games. You may click on this

link
    to check the list of Xbox Play Anywhere games.

You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network. You can also play online with up to four of your Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer gaming. If you purchased or redeemed the code
    for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition you can only use it on a Windows 10 PC.

For more information about Minecraft on Windows 10, you may visit this
    link

Loraine Mon, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

Minecraft XBOX and Windows 10 PC

Hi Antonio,

To answer your query, Minecraft Windows 10 Edition should be purchased separately from the Xbox One Edition. The Xbox One Edition can only be played online with other Xbox One consoles. However, if you own a PC version of Minecraft and played it with older
    Windows versions before, you can get the Windows 10 Edition for free. Check the details on this link:

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition FAQ

For comments and suggestions, you can also submit and vote new ideas on our
    Xbox Uservoice
    page.

Should you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox?

1. Bought Minecraft to play on PC. Do I need to buy again for XBox? - Similar Threads - Bought Minecraft play

2. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Says I need to buy minecraft again: I bought minecraft in the microsoft store on my acc and I recently got a new laptop and logged in on the same acc and it says I need to pay for minecraft and I cant find the purchase in the bought history even if it worked on the same account to play minecraft before...
  3. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says I need to buy minecraft again: I bought minecraft in the microsoft store on my acc and I recently got a new laptop and logged in on the same acc and it says I need to pay for minecraft and I cant find the purchase in the bought history even if it worked on the same account to play minecraft before...
  4. Says I need to buy minecraft again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again: My parents bought me Minecraft Java edition 1 year ago. Today I wanted to play Minecraft, but it says to "buy" it again. Im 100% sure im logged in the same Microsoft account when my parents were buying Minecraft. Pls help...
  6. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again: My parents bought me Minecraft Java edition 1 year ago. Today I wanted to play Minecraft, but it says to "buy" it again. Im 100% sure im logged in the same Microsoft account when my parents were buying Minecraft. Pls help...
  7. I bought Minecraft Java edition, but it says to "buy" it again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?

do need to buy minecraft again after owning it in 2019 ?: i bought minecraft in 2019 and have the receipt and the account information. i havent played for around 3 years and now when i log back into the same account it says i need to buy the game. i already own the game what do i do? do i need to rebuy it due to new updated as my...
  9. I Bought Minecraft Via PayPal. It Downloaded and installed but says I need to buy it again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Bought Minecraft Via PayPal. It Downloaded and installed but says I need to buy it again?: I bought Minecraft Java for my special Needs son on the 15th of May 2020. He played it for one night. the next time he went to play it, it said 'Looks like you don't own a copy of Minecratf Java, Purrchase Now'. I subsequently uninstalled it and re-installed it and the...
  10. bought minecraft on the official website. but microsoft writes that you need to buy again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    bought minecraft on the official website. but microsoft writes that you need to buy again: I bought minecraft on the official website and realms, and when I download the game from there, it all works. but there it’s impossible to play servers and realms. and when I try to download microsoft from the store. Allows you to download only a trial version. although the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i have minecraft on xbox can i play on pc

2. i bought minecraft on xbox can i play on pc

3. if i buy minecraft on xbox can i play on pc

4. i have minecraft on xbox can i play on pc,
  5. is minecraft different if purchased on xbox one or pc,
  6. do i have to buy minecraft again for pc,
  7. if i bought xbox minecraft can i play on pc,
  8. i bought minecraft for xbox can i play on pc,
  9. bought minecraft on xbox can i play on pc,
  10. if i own minecraft on xbox can i play on pc,
  11. do i need to buy minecraft again windows 10,