Windows 10: Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

Discus and support Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theugliestgreen, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase the amount of fast storage I can work with when installing games. However, when I install the SSD into the empty slot and turn on my computer, all that is displayed is a black screen with a logo. I can't access BIOS nor the UEFI menu. I have tried re-seating the drive multiple times - no change. Removing the new SSD al

:)

theugliestgreen, Aug 7, 2023

2. Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD

My brother suggested that I unplug the current SSD in my computer and leave the HDD drive alone. Install the M.2 SSD and boot into BIOS. He said the two SSD's might be causing a conflict and once the BIOS is allowed to identify the new M.2 SSD I should be able to plug the other one back in. Should I give that a shot?

Joe 8675309, Aug 7, 2023
  3. DarkEstra Win User
    Unable to boot from old ssd after installing M.2

Hello
    i just got a brand new Samsung 960 Evo to my system

after installing the m.2
    other hdd's and ssd's are not shown in the boot menu
    i want to boot from old ssd to migrate the os to the new m.2

so that's what happend

on Gigabyte z170x-Gaming6

DarkEstra, Aug 7, 2023
  4. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't boot to the BIOS or Windows

I recently purchased a new NVME m.2 ssd for my PC. So I installed it no bother and then when I went to turn it on, everything booted normally and I was in windows. I noticed it didn't show up in the file explorer, so I decided to restart the pc and go to the bios but when I did, it beeps once when I turn it on but then doesn't boot to windows or the BIOS. I am quite confused with what the issue is.

My PC specs are-

• CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
    • MOBO- Asus PRIME A320M-K
    • GPU-ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2400MHz
    • HDD- Seagate 1TB Harddrive
    • New SSD- WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 SSD
    My monitor just stays black when I turn the PC on. I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

RyanCampbell20, Aug 7, 2023
Thema:

Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

1. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed - Similar Threads - Bought SSD boot

2. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  3. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  4. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  5. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  6. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  7. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  8. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011