Windows 10: Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

Discus and support Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought Lenovo laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home edition. In Microsoft Store bought upgrade to Pro. Now I ended up with edition reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IvanOnyshchenko, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

Hi,

I bought Lenovo laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home edition.

In Microsoft Store bought upgrade to Pro.

Now I ended up with edition reading Enterprise and unable to activate due to 0xC0004F025 error.

What is very frustrating, I've got no product key to upgraded Pro version.

Failed to access MS support as access is shielded with options with none suitable and paywalls.

:)

IvanOnyshchenko, Aug 13, 2019

2. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that
    the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that
    I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

Christopher Vela, Aug 13, 2019
  4. CrazyKats Win User

Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

Enterprise and Pro are not the same thing.

CrazyKats, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

1. Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated - Similar Threads - Bought upgrade Pro

2. Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I changed my Motherboard, RAM and CPU, and I couldn't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a Pro Key, just an upgrade from Home License. So I reinstalled Windows to Home Edition and now want to upgrade it from previously bought Upgrade License in Windows Store. In the...
  3. Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I changed my Motherboard, RAM and CPU, and I couldn't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a Pro Key, just an upgrade from Home License. So I reinstalled Windows to Home Edition and now want to upgrade it from previously bought Upgrade License in Windows Store. In the...
  4. Can't activate previously bought Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise: Just bought a Lenovo Legion with Windows home. Bought upgrade to pro and tried to install. Seemed to install, but would not activate. Now Microsoft thinks I have enterprise installed and won't activate, error: 0xC004C003. I can't set up anything because is says I am not...
  6. Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise"

Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise": I paid to upgrade W10 Home to W10 Pro. I keep getting "Activate Windows" message. When I look at Activation in Settings I see Edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. "Can't activate because you don't have a valid digital license." How did this happen and how do I fix it?...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  8. Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate

Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate: I upgraded my Surface Go from Home to Pro that I purchased at the MS Store for $99. It downloaded and installed Enterprise. No key was sent and it won't activate. Tried to rollback to Home and it failed. Short of reformatting and purchasing a new hard copy, any fix?...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  10. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...