Windows 10: Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer

Discus and support Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I still have Win7 Ultimate product key. Upgraded to Win10 Pro for free. The computer OS got corrupted so I bought a new computer that came with Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard G_s, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer

I still have Win7 Ultimate product key. Upgraded to Win10 Pro for free. The computer OS got corrupted so I bought a new computer that came with Win10 Home. How can I upgrade the new computer to Win10 Pro?

:)

Richard G_s, Jul 16, 2019
  2. deucer02 Win User

Win10 upgrade from Win7 Ultimate

Currently running Win7 Ultimate: Will the upgrade to Win10 provide equal content/version as I have on Win7 Ultimate, or will I have to pay to add those features?

Thanks in advance,

deucer

deucer02, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Win7 Gateway Computer fails Win10 Upgrade

I am covered under the late Win10 upgrade ending Dec 2017.

I attempted 6 upgrades to Win10 -- all failing - each time trying to address a potential concern.

Win10 Upgrade says that the computer is fully capable for the upgrade and begins downloading the files then moving in the installing process.

The process totally locks up at 75% at which time a reset is applied. The computer restarts and continues to 81% thereby totally locking up again.

The reset - restart at this point goes into Win7 Home recover mode.

One of my attempts was to totally load a fresh version of Win7 from my installation disk and making sure the latest Win7 drivers were being used.

A internet search suggested that this model of Gateway computer was not able to be upgraded to Win10 yet the Win10 upgrade process stated that all was well.

Please note - no anti-virus - no programs - just a fresh Win7 installation.

I did find some Win8 Gateway drivers available but did not load them as I did not know if that would break the Win7 OS.

After one of the Win7 recovery process completed, Windows reported the upgrade failed do to error C1900101-4000D. A Internet search of the error code states it is do to a driver related issue - hence my concentration on drivers.

I would like to upgrade this computer but I have no idea as how to proceed.

Can some direction be provided.

Thanks

joehinkle1, Jul 16, 2019
  4. dkwong55 Win User

Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer

1. Bought upgrade to Win7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Win10, want to use upgrade on new computer - Similar Threads - Bought upgrade Win7

2. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10: I've been trying to update my Windows 7 to 10 for more than a day and when I click to run the update I get the error "0x80072F8F- 0x20000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-win7-ultimate-to-win10/6beb1419-dcb2-415e-8ef8-c975a551ae3c
  3. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10: I've been trying to update my Windows 7 to 10 for more than a day and when I click to run the update I get the error "0x80072F8F- 0x20000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-win7-ultimate-to-win10/6beb1419-dcb2-415e-8ef8-c975a551ae3c
  4. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win7 upgrade to win10 using USB

win7 upgrade to win10 using USB: my motherboard failed and I installed a new MB. My HD has win7 loaded and I am trying to upgrade using a USB drive. I get a message say I cant upgrade from USB I need to boot from HD. I can't because new MB is a Z390 and wont recognize the USB ports so I can log on to Win7...
  6. Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free?: Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free? submitted by /u/MintonCRO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyv4rq/can_i_still_upgrade_win7_to_win10_for_free/
  7. Wiping Win10 PC that was upgraded from win7 free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping Win10 PC that was upgraded from win7 free: So, I'm selling my custom build PC of 3 years, and I just want to make sure I do this right. I originally bought a win7 pro key (not sure what kind) and installed windows 7 with that and then upgraded to windows 10 via the free upgrade. I want to wipe the PC now. Will the...
  8. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  9. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  10. re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade: I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10. Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old Win XP unit ? Will it be refused as an already used key ? What I am aiming to accomplish is after getting the XP machine...