Windows 10: Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.

Discus and support Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. So I recently got a $25 giftcard for the microsoft store. I saw that Sea of Thieves was half off, and so it would be $30. I wanted to get it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alex Lanser, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.

Hi. So I recently got a $25 giftcard for the microsoft store. I saw that Sea of Thieves was half off, and so it would be $30. I wanted to get it and I went to buy it with the $25 giftcard and I would pay the rest with my credit card. The credit card info had not been entered before so this was the first time entering it and when I finished entering it, I clicked buy. I then later realized that I was charged $30 on my credit card and the gift card had not been used at all. Is there a way I can get my money back and use the gift card?

:)

Alex Lanser, Apr 21, 2019

2. Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card

No, I wouldn't imagine you need a debit or credit card to redeem a gift card code. It should just put the money non your account/you just redeem with the gift card.

Zackary Vanosdol, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.

gift card

i bought a gift card 30 euros and it was written of my bank account but i dindt get the gift card

pls help

bullseye240, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.

1. Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card. - Similar Threads - Bought using credit

2. credit card application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credit card application: I am trying to apply on line for a credit card sent to me in the mail but it keeps kicking me off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-application/5dd570ed-3294-4ee1-a320-391114a9763a"
  3. use of credit cards

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    use of credit cards: i suddenly can not enter a credit card number to play. takes all my info except the card number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-credit-cards/7feb1167-73d1-4bcf-8601-69ee8f51c81f"
  4. Microsoft Gift Card

Microsoft Gift Card: I was using Microsoft rewards, finally got enough points and I redeemed a $30 gift card, but I can't use the gift card for its original purpose because when I had it transferred to my balance it was HK$ and Microsoft rewards don't accept refunds so now I'm stuck with a $30...
  5. Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card

Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card: I'm worried just incase I get one cause I don't have debit or credit so I was gonna cheat the system and get one put in the code and get the money on my account...
  6. I would like to activate windows, but the store is not using my credit card.

I would like to activate windows, but the store is not using my credit card.: Hello, I am trying to activate Win10 after a rather unfortunate run in with... something... probably a virus. I received a copy of Win10 from the manufacturer, but it was unactivated so I tried to activate it via the store. The store, however, gives me an error saying it...
  7. Which stylus pen can I use on a credit card machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which stylus pen can I use on a credit card machine: I realize that this is not a Microsoft related question, but I feel that some techies will have an answer for me. Which type of stylus pen will work on credit card machines which are used at checkout in retail stores? Do I need a double-ended one? I'm thinking the...
  8. My credit card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My credit card: Im trying to buy the new black ops 4 game but it keeps saying trouble processing pay ment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-credit-card/3ff759b3-af00-4536-8428-464b98ba8f9b
  9. Gift cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift cards: Hi! I was wondering if Microsoft gift cards are the same as Xbox gift cards. I am going to buy the new Forza horizon and thought about playing it on windows 10. Will it work to pay it with an Xbox gift card on Microsoft store? Kind Regards Emil...
  10. Gift Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift Card Not Working: I purchased an Xbox gift card a couple days ago, and tried to activate it last night. It's giving me a constant error saying TokenNotFound. I am currently on a Windows 10 PC, attempting to activate the card following the instructions on the back. At the time I figured since...