Windows 10: Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

Discus and support Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a Refurbished laptop from Amazon about 6 months ago. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed on it, but I started getting a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DawnShefler, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

Hi,

I bought a Refurbished laptop from Amazon about 6 months ago. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed on it, but I started getting a message that my Windows license was expiring soon. I discovered the Windows 10 Pro was installed using a KMS volume client, and since it was no longer "talking" to the server it was expiring...or something like that. I don't really need the Pro version, so I bought a product key for Windows 10 Home. The problem is when I go to "change product key" in settings, the Windows 10 Home Product Key isn't working. What do I have to do to get it to work? Do I have to uninstall Windows 10 Pro somehow? I know how to "reset" the laptop but I have never noticed a place to enter a new product key there. I don't know how to uninstall Windows 10 without doing a fresh install of the same thing. I read that if I do uninstall it, the laptop may revert to log in information from when it was a Windows 7 machine - this makes me nervous because I did not own it then, I wouldn't have the log in info from then.....Regardless, I used slmgr/dli in the command prompt to find out that the Windows license will expire in a few days.....

:)

DawnShefler, Sep 9, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 9, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

1. Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not... - Similar Threads - Bought Home Product

2. Windows 10 Product Key Expiring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Product Key Expiring: Hello all,I've had a pop up on my Windows system that continuously pops up stating Windows 10 Product Key is expiring soon. I believe this to be legitimate but am not 100% confident. This is a custom built PC from maybe 4-5 years ago. I saw another thread 4 years ago asking...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key Expiring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key Expiring: Hello all,I've had a pop up on my Windows system that continuously pops up stating Windows 10 Product Key is expiring soon. I believe this to be legitimate but am not 100% confident. This is a custom built PC from maybe 4-5 years ago. I saw another thread 4 years ago asking...
  4. windows 10 pro license expiring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro license expiring: HelloI got my windows license from my university program almost 9 years ago. I upgraded to windows 10 for free. For a few days, I see a message "Your license will expire soon". I noticed only 26 days remaining on the license. My question is can i convert my pro license to a...
  5. Windows 10 home license expired?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home license expired?: So, I have a company that keeps my computer updated and secure and lets me know when I need to do something. Today they call and tell me that my Windows 10 license has expired and that I need to purchase a new Windows 10 basic license or my security MacAfee will no longer...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?: Is what I am asking possible? I first bought an upgrade from the Microsoft Store and it hasn't worked. The install installed Windows 10 Enterprise. Using system restore I went back to Windows 10 Home. Now when I try install at Microsoft Store I get the error 0xc004f050. I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro License To Expire

Windows 10 Pro License To Expire: I've tried the route of Changing the Product Key but unfortunately, I need to connect to the organizations activation server and the particular organization its referring to is no longer in operation. I don't know what I'm suppose to do now....
  9. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key: When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key....
  10. Windows 10 product key expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key expired: When I bought a fresh copy of windows in june I pressed install and assumed that I was done with the installation. It wasn't until today that I realized that I needed to enter a product key, and that is expired. Is it possible for windows to check if a product key is expired...