Windows 10: Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Discus and support Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. When I clicked to upgrade to Pro it gave me an error. I know the payment went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshOstrander, May 4, 2021.

1. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Hi, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. When I clicked to upgrade to Pro it gave me an error. I know the payment went through because my card was charged and it says I bought it on my Microsoft account page. I did not receive an email when I bought it and there is no mention of a product key on my account page. Any help would be great. Tried contacting Microsoft support but they were very unhelpful.

:)

JoshOstrander, May 4, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows 10:

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 4, 2021
  4. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Lost of Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Which operating system was installed in the computer when you bought it?
    • Did you receive CD of the operating system when you bought the laptop or Windows was already installed?
    If you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you won’t receive a Windows 10 product key. Instead, Windows 10 will be activated using a digital entitlement.

The Product Key on a computer that has Windows 8 pre-installed is embedded in the BIOS on the motherboard. There is no longer any sticker with the product key.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows (if Windows 10):

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

1. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key. - Similar Threads - Bought Pro Did

2. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  3. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  4. I purchased Windows 11 Pro but did not receive a Product Key, where is my Product Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased Windows 11 Pro but did not receive a Product Key, where is my Product Key?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro Order Number 8480487395 but did not receive a Product Key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-windows-11-pro-but-did-not-receive-a/e0faa00e-5bff-4f0e-ba23-d3f47d84b7c3
  5. I purchased Windows 11 Pro but did not receive a Product Key, where is my Product Key?

I purchased Windows 11 Pro but did not receive a Product Key, where is my Product Key?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro Order Number 8480487395 but did not receive a Product Key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-windows-11-pro-but-did-not-receive-a/e0faa00e-5bff-4f0e-ba23-d3f47d84b7c3
  6. Hi I bought a windows 11 product key, but i did not receive the email with my product key yet.

Hi I bought a windows 11 product key, but i did not receive the email with my product key yet.: Hi I bought a windows 11 product key, but i did not receive the email with my product key. The screen that confirmed the payment, i saw there was a number there but the screen refreshed and disappeared out before i could use. Hiw can i get my product key?...
  7. Did not receive Product Key for Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did not receive Product Key for Windows 10/11: I purchased Windows 10/11 Home, from Microsoft and Received Order and Tax Invoice too but I have not received any Product Key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-not-receive-product-key-for-windows-1011/0e64f372-e288-4d55-957e-992ea9bd477e
  8. Did not receive Product Key for Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive Product Key for Windows 10/11: I purchased Windows 10/11 Home, from Microsoft and Received Order and Tax Invoice too but I have not received any Product Key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-not-receive-product-key-for-windows-1011/0e64f372-e288-4d55-957e-992ea9bd477e
  9. Did not receive Product Key for Windows 10/11

10. Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email: Good day .. Recently I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Home edition) for my laptop. The purchase went thru, but I didn't receive an activation key by email. Nor can I find it on my MS Store purchase log. How can I get this key?...