Windows 10: Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Discus and support Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. When I clicked to upgrade to Pro it gave me an error. I know the payment went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshOstrander, May 4, 2021 at 9:53 PM.

1. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Hi, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. When I clicked to upgrade to Pro it gave me an error. I know the payment went through because my card was charged and it says I bought it on my Microsoft account page. I did not receive an email when I bought it and there is no mention of a product key on my account page. Any help would be great. Tried contacting Microsoft support but they were very unhelpful.

:)

JoshOstrander, May 4, 2021 at 9:53 PM

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows 10:

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM
  4. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

Lost of Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Which operating system was installed in the computer when you bought it?
    • Did you receive CD of the operating system when you bought the laptop or Windows was already installed?
    If you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you won’t receive a Windows 10 product key. Instead, Windows 10 will be activated using a digital entitlement.

The Product Key on a computer that has Windows 8 pre-installed is embedded in the BIOS on the motherboard. There is no longer any sticker with the product key.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows (if Windows 10):

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM
Thema:

Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key.

1. Bought Windows 10 Pro. Did not receive product key. - Similar Threads - Bought Pro Did

2. Receive new windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Receive new windows product key: I had some issues with an update that got my computer stuck on boot mode. a friend did a factory reset. When i bought my laptop windows came preinstalled. This reset worked fine for months until it told me i had to activate windows. I received my product key from Asus....
  3. Bought Minecraft for Windows 10 but did not receive anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft for Windows 10 but did not receive anything.: My dad purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 from his account for my account, but it still says I have to buy the game. My dads card has been charged and there is nothing in the order history. So basically we paid for the game but did not receive anything. Does anybody know...
  4. Did not ask for the product key

Did not ask for the product key: Hi recently the laptop which i had, lenovo ideapad got stuck on loading screen and i tried to reinstall windows 10 using an external usb from microsoft's website. Prepared the usb using a macbook as that was the only other computer i had. Install completed even though it...
  5. I bought win10 home online but did not got product key

I bought win10 home online but did not got product key: I bought win10 home, got confirmation email, but no email with product key, and it is not on my invoice. How can I get the product key so I can install the win10....
  6. I bought windows 10 through the Microsoft website and I didn't receive a product key

I bought windows 10 through the Microsoft website and I didn't receive a product key: I've bought Windows 10 through the Microsoft website and I didn't get a product key in my confirmation email. My confirmation email was only a receipt of my purchase. I also looked through my order history and there was no product key present. Do I get a refund or is there...
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro however for some reason it's trying to activate itself as Windows 10 Enterprise. I have bought this upgrade from Microsoft Store, when I go into order history it is marked as completed but when I try to click for...
  8. Charged for a product i did not receive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charged for a product i did not receive: I recently made a purchase on minecraft for some minecoins the purchase went through i was charged yet when i go into my application i do not have my minecoins, I am on windows 10 i have not had any successful help so far as the support groups just send me back and forth to...
  9. Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email

Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email: Good day .. Recently I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Home edition) for my laptop. The purchase went thru, but I didn't receive an activation key by email. Nor can I find it on my MS Store purchase log. How can I get this key?...
  10. I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro

I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro: I purchased and installed the upgrade license from Microsoft Windows10 Home OEM to Windows10 Pro, I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro...