Windows 10: bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro

Discus and support bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. I tried all the obvious things:scale text, disable/enable cleartype,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J.S._503, Jan 31, 2020.

1. J.S._503 Win User

bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro

Hello,

after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. I tried all the obvious things:scale text, disable/enable cleartype, color callibration, change to dark theme, lower resolution to make it intentionally look less sharp, installing iris to reduce blue light etc.
    The weird thing is, it´s even worse on my external screen asus zenscreen that is supposed to be very eye friendly. In windows 7 this was never a problem. Could work for hours with not a hint of eye strain.

Some research suggests that many people experience this after the Creators Update with the new composition spaces overlay system, the next gen UI Winrt api.

Also read that intel and eizo had to create driver updates to fix some problems with these w10 updates. Problem is that intel doesn´t give driver support anymore for my current laptop model
    hp folio 9470m. The last graphics driver update they made dates from 2016.

I read that some people felt relief when they returned to windows 8.1

Problem is that when i bought this laptop it had oem version of windows 7, and that´s not supported anymore.
    I bought a windows 10 pro license for 250euro. Do i have a downgraderight on this? If i download the iso on a bootable usb, can i activate w8 with the license code of w10 pro?

:)

J.S._503, Jan 31, 2020

2. windows 10 ESD downgrade to windows 7 pro

Your question is very confusing.

So you have a software download of Windows 10 Pro with no product key.

Is that correct?

Then you say:

1. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

2. need a purchase license only windows 10 pro

3. how i can activate this license key(windows 10 pro ESD) on my PC with windows 7 pro?

4. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

If you already have Windows 7 why download Windows 10 Pro if you don't want to use Windows 10 Pro??

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If by some chance you mean that you bought Windows 10 Pro and you want to downgrade it for free to Windows 7 Pro, you can't.

Windows 10 Pro had to be a preinstalled OEM license.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro  

Hey Peter, bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro :)

As long as you have a W10 Pro license linked to your MSA for that PC, you would be able to use the generic key under step 1 to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro, then let it automatically activate Pro with your digital license.

Brink, Jan 31, 2020
  4. bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro

1. bought windows 10 pro license, want to downgrade to 8.1 pro - Similar Threads - bought pro license

2. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  3. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  4. Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have bought new laptop with license Windows 11 Pro that already installed. Can I install Windows 10 Pro and use license Windows 11 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-pro/2128d3ca-2c2c-47e8-b261-7a19bee1208b
  5. i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro: i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-downgrade-my-windows-11-pro-to-windows/2162034a-3d03-41c5-a2ad-ae1fce518069
  6. i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro: i want to downgrade my windows 11 pro to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-downgrade-my-windows-11-pro-to-windows/2162034a-3d03-41c5-a2ad-ae1fce518069
  7. Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licensed for only 1 computer: I have windows 10 Pro on my laptop and on my PC, Is it bad enough to even Sign in to a Microsoft account due to Licenses Agreements? If so I am really sorry...
  8. Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home: Yesterday my Win10 Pro license which I've had for years was downgraded to Home. What caused the downgrade and how do I get the Pro license back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-downgraded-to-home/d63d57af-b758-4eca-9eeb-f31a62c9e481
  9. Windows 10 Pro Downgrade

Windows 10 Pro Downgrade: Hi, I just upgraded my windows 10 Home to Pro with the key provided by my university but it seems it doesn't work right and they don't know why. How can I downgrade my windows back?...
  10. New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?: Hi there, is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7Pro OS if I have a new Windows 10 Pro license? Some applications are incompatible with the Windows 10. Thanks!...