Windows 10: Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Discus and support Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

HotTrackingColor
    Hilight

Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018

2. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

1. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Box colors longer

2. Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work: I used to be able to use my keyboard to navigate through files and folders, e.g if im browsing a folder and want to find a file that starts with A, i could press A on my keyboard, and windows would take me straight to the file. That doesn't seem to work anymore? 178959
  3. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 notepad no longer works?: Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit. Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first thing I notice is the cursor doesn't move I click into it and the top right corner of the notepad over the buttons goes...
  4. Windows 10 font and color seem off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 font and color seem off...: I recently installed a copy of Windows 10 on my HP laptop after deciding to completely remove the previous one. I have noticed that both the text and colors on the display are very different from what a "normal" Windows screen should show. I do not have the exact words but...
  5. Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer working correctly on Win 10: I hope someone can help. Myself and a few other gamers who have upgraded Machines to Win10 that were previously Win7 and Win8.1 are now suffering a conflict when submitting records to the game server. The game is Fishsim2 from 2000 very old game but has worked on all...
  6. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  7. Win 10 dialog boxes won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 dialog boxes won't work: I just bought (on-line) an Asus ViVoBook Pro. I'm having trouble using / installing because the dialog boxes don't pop up. I have several other Windows 10 Dell & Asus and have never ran into this before. Any suggestions? thanks, Blair…. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 /...
  8. Win 10 dialog boxes won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 dialog boxes won't work: I just bought (on-line) an Asus ViVoBook Pro. I'm having trouble using / installing because the dialog boxes don't pop up. I have several other Windows 10 Dell & Asus and have never ran into this before. Any suggestions? thanks, Blair…....
  9. Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\ColorsHotTrackingColorHilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  10. wushowhide no longer seems to work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wushowhide no longer seems to work.: clean install goes fine. I then used wushowhide to prevent intel hd graphics 4600 from downloading. update downloads anyway 59971