Windows 10: Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

Discus and support Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [W10; Lenovo Laptop brand new; Chrome browser; Outlook.com; Gmail.] Puzzle: I fixed my laptop so as to open it without having to enter my password and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Adela Win User

Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

[W10; Lenovo Laptop brand new; Chrome browser; Outlook.com; Gmail.]

Puzzle: I fixed my laptop so as to open it without having to enter my password and it worked for a few days but now again needs to be typed the password even on its awakening!

Of course I went back to the place to paste "control userpasswords2" and the rest of it and still it had the little box unchecked yet I had to enter password each time. I tried with "netplwiz" too but no difference.

Is there a solution to this puzzle? Thanks so much for any help!

:)

Adela, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 login screen Showing me to enter Username & Password both in the box.

Hi,

To remove your login screen on Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • A new window labeled as User Accounts will appear, listing all user accounts. Click on your user account and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Enter your account password and click OK.
    • Reboot your PC and check if your new settings has been saved.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

1. Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time... - Similar Threads - Box properly unchecked

2. Wallpaper but no box to enter password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper but no box to enter password: When I opened my laptop this morning I have wallpaper but no icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-but-no-box-to-enter-password/3e5d48f3-7b87-421a-bbf1-b363e4523eb6
  3. Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz: I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine: an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSDfresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin NVMe netplwiz in the upgraded version shows the "must enter password" checkbox whilst the new install does not: I've perused the...
  4. Each log in is causing me to enter the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Each log in is causing me to enter the password: Split from this thread. Same problem with me. Each log in is causing me to enter the password. Even the outlook is not able to retain the password of my gmail account. Mine is Windows 10 system and office 365 subscription. Any help from Microsoft would be appreciated....
  5. The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank.: The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank with no place to enter anything. Consequently i cannot "fix my account" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-box-to-enter-my-microsoft-password-is-blank/f2718f67-f6b4-420c-aa65-209c94450705
  6. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...
  7. Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...: [W10; Lenovo Laptop brand new; Chrome browser; Outlook.com; Gmail.] Puzzle: I fixed my laptop so as to open it without having to enter my password and it worked for a few days but now again needs to be typed the password even on its awakening! Of course I went back to the...
  8. Entering Router password every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering Router password every time: On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect...
  9. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  10. Must Assign Drive Letter Each Time I Swap Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Must Assign Drive Letter Each Time I Swap Drives: I use a USB docking device and swap drives frequently. Every time I swap I must go into Disk Manager and rerereassign the same drive letter. Surely this isn't normal. How do I stop this behavior? 110555