Windows 10: Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .

Discus and support Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Up front: I have not yet installed Boxcryptor (or other similar software). Before giving it a try I would like to ask some questions. Maybe what I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tfwul, Nov 1, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .

Up front: I have not yet installed Boxcryptor (or other similar software). Before giving it a try I would like to ask some questions. Maybe what I am thinking of isn't possible.

Scenario now: on both my PC and laptop, my files are stored within a TrueCrypt like container, I use Bestcrypt for this.
    To keep things in sync I should synchronize files from my PC to my laptop every now and then, running a sync tool to have an entire drive (container) synced.
    This is quite a workload: the tool compares a few hundred thousand files and tens of thousands folders whereas actually maybe a few dozen files have changed.

Now, as a practical example.
    Right now my Excel files are all stored within D:\XLS (and many sub folders)
    If I were to start using Boxcryptor, I understand that it will encrypt the entire OneDrive folder?
    Also, I guess I should copy the \XLS folder to OneDrive?
    Then, how to proceed working on those files?
    What if -for whatever reason- the encrypted files can not be read/got damaged?
    Backups, right now I run backups to external USB drives, how is that when using Boxcryptor?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 1, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Boxcryptor Removing WM10 Support - Harbinger of the end of WM

With sadness I have to report that potentially the end of WM as a viable small business platform is near.

Boxcryptor has been a great cross-platform, cross cloud provider, mode of encrypting cloud content. Until cloud providers (other than Mega) have end-to-end encryption, I have relied on Boxcryptor to secure my more sensitive data being stored in the cloud.

Recently, I had an issue with Boxcryptor on my 950XL and reached out to their Support.

During our communication the tech advised me that the Boxcryptor version being distributed to WM devices was not the most current build and that at this time they were uncertain if they would be continuing to support their product for WM10 as it has become
    such a marginal market share device.

Is this a harbinger of what will further precipitate the move of small businesses away from WM10 to other ecosystems?

Are there viable alternatives to Boxcryptor which are fully supported in the WM / Win10 environment?

Thank you for your recommendations.

B. Parker, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

Many thanks. Reinstalling certainly makes sense. I tried, as you suggested, and then uninstalled Boxcryptor again, but unfortunately without success as the icon is still there. I checked with Revo to make sure that it had uninstalled it, and it's not listed. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

AussieMike, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .

1. Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . . - Similar Threads - Boxcryptor users few

2. I have a few questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  3. I have a few questions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  4. i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?: Hi, i have already enabled tpm 2.0 and enabled secure boot state. but i notice in system information it says: "unsupported"? am i missing a file or something? as for group policy editor. do i have that? i have nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti. amd ryzen 7 1800x eight core...
  5. Start Menu, Window Personalization, and Programming - I have a few questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Window Personalization, and Programming - I have a few questions: I would like to know a few things: 1. Where are live Tile files located in the hard drive, or how would I go about editing or adding them? 2. Is there any way to get the classic Windows 7 Style Windows Round edges and rounded window operations for Windows 10? 3. I am...
  6. Just reinstalled Windows. have a few questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just reinstalled Windows. have a few questions: When I browse the file explorer, in the left side it continuously shows me which folder I'm in. This is blocking me from viewing quick access and is quite annoying. In my last computer I pinned the music folder to the taskbar, but here it won't let me pin any folder, just the...
  7. A few questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A few questions: Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being...
  8. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  9. New 1 user. Hi & a few questions....

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1 user. Hi & a few questions....: Hi all. New 10 user here. I normally use Windows 7 and my back up is a Windows 10. 7 is being repaired. My bottom search bar isn't working. The one on the bottom left. My bar at the top and the taskbar have suddenly got really small. Can't remember pressing...
  10. A Few Basic Questions; Brand New User

in Windows 10 Support
    A Few Basic Questions; Brand New User: Hello, Thanks for previous help. Sure is a lot to know. Blame it on old age now. A few questions, please: a. How can I have the PC, when it is shut off entirely, also shut off the Monitor (entirely) ? b. When not using overnight, is it "better" to let the PC go...