Windows 10: Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

Discus and support Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GhoulBun, Oct 14, 2021.

1. GhoulBun Win User

Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he moved into a new part of the house and started using ethernet it is saying he is not connected to internet even thought he can use chrome, discord, etc but when it comes to some games it says no internet. he had tried to install a fresh version of windows with a cd but it says error and will never let him do it and he can't factory reset his pc because it says no internet. he is now way behind on windows 10 updates since he can't update because

:)

GhoulBun, Oct 14, 2021

2. Connected to Ethernet but windows says not connected to any network.

Hi

I am connected to the internet using ethernet and can access the internet but windows can't detect any networks and I can't access windows store or verify identity on PC.

I have to change and set DNS and IP address every time I log in.

Edit : I've tried resetting Winsock, deleting network drivers and network reset.

Airplane mode is missing.

Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet [​IMG]

scareware047, Oct 14, 2021
  3. mattyb93 Win User
    No internet via ethernet

Hello

I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig and it was "169.254" range. I saw online that's it's a ipv6 address. So I disabled IPv6 and restated PC still with no luck. I tried the flushdns, releasedns and renew dns. Renew dns came back with something along the lines of 'can't connect to DNS server'. I've even tried setting up a static IP. On my router webpage it says the statip ip device is connected but still not getting any internet on the PC. Windows troubleshooter now says there's no issues but still no internet. I'm on Win10. Got the PC in December and always used wireless. Ethernet has never worked.

Any suggestions will be a big help.

Thanks

mattyb93, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

1. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet - Similar Threads - Boyfriends says Ethernet

2. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  3. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  4. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  5. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  6. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet: Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he moved into a new part of the house and started using ethernet it is saying he is not connected to internet even thought he...
  8. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet: Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he moved into a new part of the house and started using ethernet it is saying he is not connected to internet even thought he...
  9. Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is

Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is: I ran the DISM. I ran SFC. My internet works for every other purpose except for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-says-pc-is-not-connected-to-the/01ee80e0-788a-4a5a-a132-c9a265d5c599
  10. PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...: I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not...