Windows 10: Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

Discus and support Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated itself last night when I shut down my laptop, and now this morning in version 1909, the Windows File Explorer display is behaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CluelessInSeatl, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

Windows 10 updated itself last night when I shut down my laptop, and now this morning in version 1909, the Windows File Explorer display is behaving differently. It used to show me a branching tree, like an outline, with folders, sub-folders, and sub-sub-folders, etc. all visible at once.

Now it just shows the contents of a single folder.

How can I get it back to the way it was before the update?

Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, Feb 13, 2021

2. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 13, 2021
  3. ZenMasta Win User
    organize file explorer/keep trees collapsed

Is it possible to customize file explorer and change the order in which file trees appear?

Also is it possible to force certain trees to always remain collapsed?

Quick access is nice and this is useful most of the time, but between Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, Network there are a lot of options that will force you to scroll quite a long ways.

I think if I could start with everything collapsed that would solve all of my problems.

If you can't start with everything collapsed, is it possible to move certain objects to the bottom? I do use one drive, but in my day to day it's not needed so I'd rather have it at the bottom of the list.

Or if I could set "This PC" as the start page for file explorer, and then create a divider below devices and drives for Quick access, that would be perfect for me.

ZenMasta, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

Internet Explorer Vanished with a Windows Update

> Internet Explorer Vanished

> Yesterday Windows 10 did a huge update and today Internet Explorer won't open.

- - - -

You have two questions here. Did Internet Explorer and all IE shortcuts vanish or does IE not open when you click on a program shortcut?

Is iexplore(.exe) present in the Program Files folder?

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

1. Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update - Similar Threads - Branching Tree File

2. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  4. File explorer - display all elements in tree

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer - display all elements in tree: So I have a lot of subfolders in a folder and I would like to get all elements inside the main folder. I checked on the microsoft community thread here but using num lock and * doesn't work submitted by /u/Marethju [link] [comments]...
  5. Vanishing File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing File Explorer Windows: I had a new PC built (I usually do it myself but there are no graphics cards to be had) and in the midst of fighting through the usual problems and errors I came across a strange one in that whilst doing some stuff in File Explorer, all my File Explorer windows disappeared....
  6. Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared: Where did the tree menu go--the one that shows all the folders like downloads, documents, music, etc, so you can easily navigate between more than one. I have tried to change the view in options, but it is still gone. I did not change anything. Yesterday, it was there,...
  7. Profile vanished after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile vanished after update: My desktop installed an update recently and as it's a work computer I hadn't started the machine since. Today, I boot it up and my entire profile is missing. I can log in with the same code, but all my apps, settings, wallpaper everything is gone from the machine. I've not...
  8. file tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file tree: Hello While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress. Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how windows does display the files in the Graphical User Interface . Thank you....
  9. File Explorer Tree Structure changed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Tree Structure changed: My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop. I changed the location of my user Desktop to C: and now My file explorer structure looks like this: [img] how do i get it back to normal with "This PC" at the top of the tree 160908
  10. File folder tree collapse issue after update

in Windows 10 Support
    File folder tree collapse issue after update: I generally use a lot of sub folders when working with files, so normally have a file window open with a log of open file branches. It makes it easier to work among different file types, etc. After the update to Windows 10 I've noticed an extremely frustrating change, one...