Windows 10: Brand new computer build, windows 10 black screen before installation

Discus and support Brand new computer build, windows 10 black screen before installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just a built a brand new computer. CPU: Intel Celeron G3900 Motherboard: Asus z270-P Memory: 4Gb Graphics Card(s): MSI Radeon RX 570- Gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Radu, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Radu Win User

Brand new computer build, windows 10 black screen before installation

I just a built a brand new computer.
    CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
    Motherboard: Asus z270-P
    Memory: 4Gb
    Graphics Card(s): MSI Radeon RX 570- Gaming

I am using Mac OS and used a software called unetbootin to burn the windows 10 disk image on the usb (I don't own another windows PC to burn with Rufus).

I plug the usb and start the computer (I'm using a tv and HDMI cable) I get the windows logo and the loading dots, after that the screen turns completely black.

The fast boot is disabled in BIOS, any help is appreciated

:)

Radu, Jul 7, 2017

2. Preventing installation of problematic Nvidia video driver when installing Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342

Hello Nyima,

Thank you for your email.

To answer your question:

• What is the current status of the computer, are you able to boot to the computer normally or stuck on startup screen?

Now, the build is Windows 10.0 Build 10240 (the installation reverted to this build after a failed attempt to upgrade). When I have attempted an upgrade via Internet download (Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342), the computer reboots and the installation progresses
    to a black screen. At this point, I am not sure:

a) how long to wait after seeing a black screen (i.e. must I wait 30min, 1hr, 2hrs etc.? I do not know since the screen is black and I do not hear any sound via the speakers to indicate that the installation is progressing successfully)

b) if the display driver that is causing the black screen is

i) the Intel OEM display driver

ii) the Nvidia OEM display driver

c) if the new build has installed successfully (or if some other installation error has occurred).

I do know

A) that a Dell OEM Windows 7 video display driver works well with a Windows 10.0 Build 10240 for the applicable computer

B) that the Windows 10 Nvidia OEM display driver has caused a BSOD with past attempts to install Windows 10.

Now, since the screen is black and not a BSOD, I suspect that the Window 10 installation installs an OEM Intel Display driver.

When the above situation arose before, after about 10min with a black screen, I would turn the computer off. I tried to use a Windows 10 Installation Media USB device to get the computer into SAFE MODE, but the Windows 10 Installation Media software requested
    that I remove the USB device and proceed with installation (which ended in a black screen). Thereafter, the installation automatically restored the old build (which is where I am now).

So, it appears that 10min wait after seeing a black screen is too short.

Please can you advise how long I can expect to wait after seeing a black screen (30min, 1hr or more?) and should I be expecting to hear a sound via the computer's speakers to indicate installation success if the screen is black?

Dr Stephen Michelson, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Receives black screen on Windows 10

Original Title: Windows 10 on a Brand New Computer

I recently bought a brand new Asus computer with Windows 10 on it and upon my first time starting it, after a few questions (location, language, express or customized setting) all I would get is a black screen with a mouse cursor, which stayed like that
    for hours. I have never had a brand new computer fail to start up on it's initial powering up like that. Are Windows 10 computers that are bought new clean installed, or are they updated from a lower version? I have read many items online about the black
    screen issue but none of them worked for me as most solutions seemed to be based around updates or people who have already logged in to their computer before. I tried to go to Safe Mode, but it told me I couldn't due to Windows 10 not being fully installed.
    The computer has Windows 10 pre-installed and there was no included disc or anything to try to re-install. I exchanged it for another of the same computer and had the same problem. The company I bought it from won't refund me, just send replacements and
    Asus has no idea what is wrong. Asus ultimately said I could send it in for service repair, but I shouldn't have to do this for a brand new computer. Has anyone had this issue on a new computer already installed with Windows 10? Any suggestions? Thanks
    for any help.

upsidown13, Jul 7, 2017
Thema:

Brand new computer build, windows 10 black screen before installation

1. Brand new computer build, windows 10 black screen before installation - Similar Threads - Brand computer build

2. High End Computer Brand New Windows Install Opening Programs Takes 10+ seconds before they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Computer Brand New Windows Install Opening Programs Takes 10+ seconds before they...: My Specs:AMD RYZEN 9 7950XGIGABYTE AORUS ELITE X670 AX64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 5200MHZ 2 SticksCORSAIR MP600 2 TBEVGA 1600W PLATINUM PSUMy OS:WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT INSTALLED 5 DAYS AGOAll components are new and pass their relative tests:- memory passes memtest86 test- m.2...
  3. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.: I just got done building this computer but have had no luck in actually making it functional. I continuously et the blue screen errors and they are all over the place and not consistent.I have wiped windows 10 twice and reinstalled as well as updating the BIOS.I'm not sure...
  4. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.: I just got done building this computer but have had no luck in actually making it functional. I continuously et the blue screen errors and they are all over the place and not consistent.I have wiped windows 10 twice and reinstalled as well as updating the BIOS.I'm not sure...
  5. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.: I just got done building this computer but have had no luck in actually making it functional. I continuously et the blue screen errors and they are all over the place and not consistent. I have wiped windows 10 twice and reinstalled as well as updating the BIOS.I'm not sure...
  7. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.: I just got done building this computer but have had no luck in actually making it functional. I continuously et the blue screen errors and they are all over the place and not consistent. I have wiped windows 10 twice and reinstalled as well as updating the BIOS.I'm not sure...
  8. Brand New computer build and keep getting Blue Screen of Death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Brand new PC - black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new PC - black screen: Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number) I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a few hours later, I got a black screen. The mouse works because I see the pointer moving. How do I get it to work? Thank you...
  10. Install windows 10 in a brand new auto-build computer from scratch

Install windows 10 in a brand new auto-build computer from scratch: I want make a new fresh install of Windows 10 in my brand new desktop computer, and I to want keep my license key from the old one computer. It's that possible?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brand new computer black screen