Windows 10: Brand New Computer Logging In First Time

Discus and support Brand New Computer Logging In First Time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is basically a pre-emptive question. I have purchased a new computer for my parents. They are elderly and I'm no spring chicken myself. It's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BenchleySRT, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Brand New Computer Logging In First Time

This is basically a pre-emptive question.

I have purchased a new computer for my parents. They are elderly and I'm no spring chicken myself. It's been a long time since I set up a new computer and I know that it's not as simple as it used to be. Information is required to log in for the first time. I'd prefer to have things straight now rather than experience a problem on D-Day and I've read support problems of people not being to access brand new computers on Windows 10. So, once out of the box and set up, I power on for the first time, what should I expect? What will be asked of me?

I know my Father's e-mail address and that he is the administrator

I know the name that appears on the sign in screen of his old computer

I know his password to get into his old computer

In Settings > Update and Security > Activation - it says that "Windows Is Activated With a Digital License That Is Linked To Your Microsoft Account".

So, will his sign in screen name from his old computer and password get us in? His email? I'm assuming that signing into his computer for the first time is not the same information required to access his Microsoft account on the online site Sorry, for the stupid questions. I do understand these things are done for security, but they can be complicated for us older folk

I will supply answers to any questions you have of me if it will facilitate any help you can give me to ease my mind.

Thanks!!

:)

BenchleySRT, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 10, 2021
  3. brand new yoga 900 sound won't unmute

Hi Ginafeletar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Is it OEM copy of Windows 10?
    I suggest you to download and install the latest audio drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

As you are mentioning it is a brand new computer, I suggest you to check with the computer manufacturer customer support and check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Brand New Computer Logging In First Time

Recently got a stop error on my brand new computer

Hi Kevin,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you check first if your computer is up to date. You may follow these steps on how to check for updates:

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Brand New Computer Logging In First Time

1. Brand New Computer Logging In First Time - Similar Threads - Brand Computer Logging

2. Cannot log into new Ace Magician first time on this machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into new Ace Magician first time on this machine: I bought an Ace Magician mini PC because my old computer is on its last legs.First, it goes straight into German and does not offer any option to change to English.Then it asks me to log into my account in German, but when I enter the email address for my Microsoft account,...
  3. Cannot log into new Ace Magician first time on this machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into new Ace Magician first time on this machine: I bought an Ace Magician mini PC because my old computer is on its last legs.First, it goes straight into German and does not offer any option to change to English.Then it asks me to log into my account in German, but when I enter the email address for my Microsoft account,...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  6. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  7. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Logging in, for the first time in a new device, with college email id.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging in, for the first time in a new device, with college email id.: My college has created, for all the students, accounts on office 365. And I happened to have bought a new laptop with manufacturer saying it has genuine windows in it. So I just wanted to know, should I just login into my laptop with the college provided email id or with...
  9. Time zone keeps changing, brand new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone keeps changing, brand new computer: I'm operating on a brand new HP Omen Windows 10 computer and the time zone keeps changing every half an hour or so. I've tried it with it set to automatically set the time and without that set and it still does it. I've restarted, made sure that the Windows Time service is...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...