Windows 10: Brand New Computer Running Slow

Discus and support Brand New Computer Running Slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just recently bought a new desktop but after a few days my computer started lagging. My computer won't restart or shut down unless I force shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GavinSickler, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Brand New Computer Running Slow

I just recently bought a new desktop but after a few days my computer started lagging. My computer won't restart or shut down unless I force shut down the computer by holding the power button till computer is completely off. If I try shutting down through the software it just sits there trying to shut down or restart. After letting it sit there it shows an error "Driver Power State Failure". All hardware is working would this just be a problem with windows and would this have to do with my computer running slow

I have a ryzen 3700x, 16 gb ram and radeon 5700

:)

GavinSickler, Aug 18, 2020
  2. wvbirdman Win User

Brand new Win 10 computer runs slow after setup

Sorry, I accidentally sent the same post twice.

Thanks for setting me straight on Hey Cortana. Turning it off dropped CPU Performance to 5% and audiodg.exe to a steady 0% in Normal start mode!
    Brand New Computer Running Slow [​IMG]

**************************************************************************************************** ****
    Following is groups of screenshots after 3 types of start: ("right after previous" means after the work of taking a screenshot, pasting it in Paint, and saving it)

NORMAL START
    idle 10 minutes after start
    opened firefox

idled 15 min with Firefox open
    right after previous

CLEAN BOOT
    idle 10 min after start
    right after previous

idle 20 min
    idle 2 hours

SAFE MODE
    idle 10 min after start
    right after previous

idle 20 minutes
    idle 20 min and move mouse

wvbirdman, Aug 18, 2020
  3. wvbirdman Win User

I followed your instructions. I removed all security programs, all that is left is Windows Defender. I restarted, and waited 5 minutes (to give things time to settle down). I took the following shots from Task Manager. I took two shots of Details because it jumps around. The two shots of Performance graph are both at idle at different times with me doing nothing between the two. This reflects how Performance changes significantly as time at idle passes.

I then followed the instructions in the link you included for a clean boot (including selective startup with "load startup items' unchecked,and all non-Microsoft services disabled). After the clean restart, I took a similar set of shots. Performance graph never rose high, so the two Performance shots are one at idle and one right after the activity of taking and saving shots.

Just realized I lost the shot of App History after the clean boot. Let me know if you need it.

Thanks for your help.

wvbirdman, Aug 18, 2020
  4. wvbirdman Win User

Brand New Computer Running Slow

I downloaded Process Explorer successfully. Anvir Task Manager generated this message:
    so I aborted.
    Process Explorer looks very complicated, can either of you give me specific instructions in how to use it?

There is nothing downloading.

Slicendice:
    After I re-installed Windows 10 on July 13, the only anti-virus that has been on this computer is Windows Defender, and I plan to use it alone in future. Neither Cyberreason nor Avast appears in Programs and Features nor in the search box. Current Task Manager Startups is
    . Task Manager Processes sorted by CPU usage 1 hour ago is
    , 5 minutes ago is
    . I am up to about 100 hours of work on setting up this computer. Since I re-installed Windows 10 on July 13, I am sure I have accumulated at least 30 minutes of sitting with my chin in my hands watching Task Manager Processes, with the computer at idle and nothing open but Task Manager. The only processes that appear near the top of the list with any frequency are System Interrupts, Desktop Windows Manager, and processes starting with "Service Host : "

wvbirdman, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Brand New Computer Running Slow

1. Brand New Computer Running Slow - Similar Threads - Brand Computer Running

2. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  3. Brand New Laptop Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Very Slow: Hi (I am waiting for a new fan for my old laptop, but it's possible that has died completely). In the meantime I am using the new laptop I actually bought just for my creative stuff. And already, despite it being almost brand new (and I deleted what bloatware I could), it is...
  4. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  5. Slow running windows on a new computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow running windows on a new computer?: Yeah, I am just really frustrated... I broke my laptop and they gave me a new one at best buy. I get home open it up and set it up and oh wow that lag is horrific. This is a 2018 model with 16GB of ram and something is not right. Windows 10 is fully updated to the lastest...
  6. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  7. why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?: why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why/8c33db41-5466-41c8-9d2b-765f8325daa5
  8. Brand new laptop pretty slow

Brand new laptop pretty slow: hey, I have lenovo yoga 510 and it's pretty slow from what I expected from him, I don't why I have it about a month and I check for vit=rus but didn't found, what can be the problem? 75810
  9. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...
  10. Brand new Win 10 computer runs slow after setup

Brand new Win 10 computer runs slow after setup: I set up a brand new Win 10 computer following what I have learned on Microsoft Support and other support sites. I worked for about 30 hours (I'm a slow worker) on a long list of settings and program installations. A partial list of the setup steps I took includes:...