Windows 10: Brand new computers with network issues

Discus and support Brand new computers with network issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know why they got rid of homegroup in windows 10. It made things so much easier. Anyway I just got 2 brand new Dell XPS desktops and a Dell G3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillM7, Nov 25, 2018.

1. BillM7 Win User

Brand new computers with network issues

I don't know why they got rid of homegroup in windows 10. It made things so much easier. Anyway I just got 2 brand new Dell XPS desktops and a Dell G3 15 laptop. They are all connected wirelessly. I have them all set to private network as this is a trusted home network. Changed all of the settings to allows for file and print sharing and network discovery ect.. When I try to connect to to a pc from another I get an error "Windows cannot access \\pc-name You do not have permission to access \\pc-name. Contact your network administrator to request access." I will add that I did share some folders on the computer. I selected Give access to-->Specific People I select everyone and give read write access. I am usually pretty good with this stuff but I just cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

PS I have been able to connect to one of the Desktops from my old win7 laptop and successfully moved some files.

:)

BillM7, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 25, 2018
  4. PaulPCGuy Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Wow had the same issue here, with a brand-new OptiPlex 3050, everything installed, but no way getting the networkshares running. Reset the PC, nothing better, clean installation, NOTHING. Now busy with cloning the previous PC, but I will check these things! I already updated the bios and installed the latest drivers, but the Realtek flash not. So will do this now!

PaulPCGuy, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Brand new computers with network issues - Similar Threads - Brand computers network

2. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  3. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Brand new computer latency issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new computer latency issues: extreme DCP latency with new computer GP66 Leopard 3070 8gb, i9 11th gen 8 coreACPI.sysNvidia nkvmm...wdf01000.sysntso krnlAlready tried: new drivers, latest bios, disabled bios features, updated windows, set everything to max performance and turned off power saving options,...
  6. Brand new computer crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new computer crashing.: Bought a brand new gaming desktop today for $1600, haven't even had it a total of 12 hours and it crashes randomly, doesn't even blue screen, It just black screens then reboots itself in about 5 seconds, not entirely sure what to do....
  7. Brand new computer crashing

Brand new computer crashing: ALLEGIANCE CALLISTO Desktop Computer Gaming PC · Processor: E5-1620 i7-3820 @ 4.2GHz · Graphics: RX 570 4GB - VR Ready · Memory: 32GB RAM · SSD: 480GB · Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Just got this computer...
  8. Issues with Brand-New Computer

Issues with Brand-New Computer: Hi all, I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft,...
  9. issue with brand new keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue with brand new keyboard: Sculpt Keyboard only works for a few seconds and then dies. Mouse never stops working. Batteries are new (keyboard is new) tried: rebooting. windows updates. installed MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1 nothing uninstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...