Windows 10: Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files

Discus and support Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased 2 brand new Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. I can not get them to share Files. I can see both computers on the network, but can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Hamester, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files

I purchased 2 brand new Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. I can not get them to share Files. I can see both computers on the network, but can not view files. These computers were purchased for my business, plus I other expensive programs that must share files. WE have tried everything under the sun. Tomorrow, I'm calling Dell. If this problem is not resolved, the computers are going back to dell and Quick Books software to Intuit. I will then purchase new Apple Computer and other supporting software to process sales and financial software. Nor only am I frustrated, I'm disappointed and need to find resolve. For a small business owner, It's costing me too much time and money.

:)

David Hamester, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2018
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files

File and Printer Sharing Between Vista and Windows 10

Hi,

To share a folder in Windows Vista, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Ensure that file sharing is enabled as described in the Enabling File and Printer Sharing Options section of this article.
    • Click Start, and then click Computer.
    • In the Computer window, navigate to the folder containing the folder that you want to share.
    • Right-click the folder that you want to share, and then click Share. The
      File Sharing window is displayed.
    • If you have password protected sharing enabled, use the File Sharing window to select which users can access the shared folder and their permission level. To allow all users, select
      Everyone in the list of users. By default, the permission level for a selected user is Reader. Users cannot change files or create new files in the share. To allow a user to change files or folders or create new files or folders, select Co-owner
      as the permission level. Figure 5 shows an example of configuring users and permission levels in the
      File Sharing window.

If you have password protected sharing disabled, use the File Sharing window to select the Guest or Everyone account. This is equivalent to simple file sharing in Windows XP.
    • When complete, click Share, and then click Done.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files

1. Brand New Dell Computers with Windows 10 Pro. will not share Files - Similar Threads - Brand Dell Computers

2. Brand new computer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new computer windows 11: Hello EveryoneI just bought and set up a brand new computer. How do I stop my computer from saving everything to One Drive? I just want data stored the regular way computers use to save data wherever that is. Now that the computer is set up I cant go back.Also I am not sure...
  3. Brand new computer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new computer windows 11: Hello EveryoneI just bought and set up a brand new computer. How do I stop my computer from saving everything to One Drive? I just want data stored the regular way computers use to save data wherever that is. Now that the computer is set up I cant go back.Also I am not sure...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  6. 100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10: HiA brand new Dell Vostro 3500 with a 1TB SATA 7050 Pentium Gold 4GB RAM slows down due to 100% HDD usage problem. No softwares are running. Just plain Win10 and blank screen on start up. No softwares installed. Even after removing One drive etc. All drivers updated on...
  7. Brand new computer crashing.

Brand new computer crashing.: Bought a brand new gaming desktop today for $1600, haven't even had it a total of 12 hours and it crashes randomly, doesn't even blue screen, It just black screens then reboots itself in about 5 seconds, not entirely sure what to do....
  8. WIndows 10 broke my brand new computer

WIndows 10 broke my brand new computer: I have a laptop that is less than 3 weeks old, yesterday it kept rebooting into srttrail.txt error constantly, so i did a reinstall of windows 10, now today i've been using it, and it blue screened again today! What is going on with windows? No minidump folders were made and...
  9. Brand new computer crashing

Brand new computer crashing: ALLEGIANCE CALLISTO Desktop Computer Gaming PC · Processor: E5-1620 i7-3820 @ 4.2GHz · Graphics: RX 570 4GB - VR Ready · Memory: 32GB RAM · SSD: 480GB · Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Just got this computer...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...