Windows 10: Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

Discus and support Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mwclarksr, Jul 10, 2019.

1. mwclarksr Win User

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver and Restart, installs the DVD Burner but I still get the same message. So what gives?

BTW I have Windows 10 1803 OS Build 17134.885

:)

mwclarksr, Jul 10, 2019

2. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

GabrielDennis1, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which... [​IMG]

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which... [​IMG]

Hey so this is what happens, the dvd drive pops up on device manager

jaydenvo789, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

"Insert a disc" error

My laptop's dvd drive has suddenly stopped recognising dvds or CDs. When I insert a disc into the drive and double-click the drive icon to open it, I get an error box saying "Insert a disc - please insert a disc into drive E:".

I've tried the following solutions:

Running troubleshooter (no results)

Reinstalling the driver

Cleaning the drive lens (!)

Also, I've run a malware scan as a precaution.

System information: Windows 10 version 1703; OS build 15063.540. The only other information I can give is that this wasn't happening Friday, but is today.

I don't know what to try next. Help?!

KevinDunn100, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

1. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which... - Similar Threads - Brand DVD Insert

2. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  3. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  4. Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing: This is getting very frustrating. I supposedly have a fully-updated Windows 10 installation, but a pop-up keeps appearing asking me to insert a disc! This happens after almost every reawakening from sleep. It will also pop up in the middle of using other programs - the...
  5. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  6. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  7. Please insert a blank disc?

Please insert a blank disc?: Hi, Can anyone please help me? Whenever I put a blank cd rw into the disc drive to burn a cd I get the error message, 'Please insert a blank disc'. The computer just rejects the cd rw. Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks....
  8. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  9. My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert...: My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-rw-player-is-not-reading-when-a-disc-is/224af15b-c5fe-4c6a-a06f-a270e95b3db2
  10. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241