Windows 10: Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format

Discus and support Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new sandisk 64 gb micro sd card and was looking to format it. However, I am unable to do so, as I keep on getting access denied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardZhang5, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format

I just bought a brand new sandisk 64 gb micro sd card and was looking to format it. However, I am unable to do so, as I keep on getting access denied error messages. The adapter is not on read only mode, and I have tried other troubleshooting steps like using diskpart and cmd. Nothing has worked so far. Any help?

:)

EdwardZhang5, Jul 3, 2021
  2. Matt316 Win User

Unable to Format micro SD card

Thanks for all your comments.The card does not have a 'lock'. (To be honest, I've never seen a micro-SD card with a lock feature, only standard SDs.) The adapter I am using does have a lock which is set to off, but I have just considered the possibility that the adaptor is faulty, so I will try a different one when I can find one. However, that fact that the camera suggested there was a fault, seems to indicate that the card is the cause not the adaptor.Denis, the periodic reformatting [in the camera] is due to the cameras inability to filename above "FILE9999". (The camera is an older one that I now use as a security camera that is permanently on. This is obviously another reason that the card may have given up.) When the card reaches its maximum number, the camera stupidly stops saving data rather than reverts back to "FILE0000". The only way to fix this is to in-camera format the card. However, occasionally, (not very often) I have had to format the card (or reset the partition of the card) with the computer. The information I have previously saved on the card suggests that the card size is correct. It's 32GB and I have accessed all 32GB files on the card.From my limited understanding and from those comments here, I guess the card is stuck fast.

Matt316, Jul 3, 2021
  3. gibbsy09 Win User
    Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Thanks I'll give that a try and let you know how I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi tried the programme still won't see card any other suggestions thanks.

gibbsy09, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format

Unable to format sd card

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you using an SD card reader? If yes, have you tried using another card reader?
    • Have you tried formatting the SD card using another computer?
    In the meantime, we suggest running a hardware diagnostics while your SD card is connected to the computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then select
      Troubleshooting
      from the search result.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices to run a hardware diagnostics.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format

1. Brand new fresh out of box micro sd card unable to format - Similar Threads - Brand fresh box

2. Unable to Format micro SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Format micro SD card: Hi.Technically this is not a Win10 question, but hopefully someone can help.I have an microSD card that I use in a dashcam, which I periodically reformat as the camera stops recording after it gets past a certain filename number. However, this time I can't; it's stuck with...
  3. Formating a micro SD card

Formating a micro SD card: Hi, Does anybody know how to format a micro SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-micro-sd-card/103f6f3f-4234-4391-918e-46dff548d7a2
  4. formatting new micro card

formatting new micro card: Would like to format a new micro card. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-new-micro-card/83d01a57-9763-41d0-b112-f043710f3b95
  5. trying to format a micro sd card

trying to format a micro sd card: already downloaded photos to laptop. want to use 8gb sd card for new device,( garmin gps ) only have sd card adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-format-a-micro-sd-card/69b5367c-be43-439c-bc2d-ce5ccd06846b
  6. Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.

Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.: Hi. My laptop has a slot for a micro SD card that I wish to put to use. Based on reviews, I purchased a Samsung 256 GB 100MB/s MicroSDXC EVO card. I plan on storing and playing my music from it, and photos on it since I have limited space on the SSD. Before I start moving...
  7. Unable to Format SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Format SD Card: Hello everyone, After scrounging the internet for the past two days and trying what I feel is almost everything I wanted to come here to ask for help. My micro SD card was acting up in my cell phone, so I decided to put it into my computer with its adapter, backup all my...
  8. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39
  9. Micro SD Card won't format

Micro SD Card won't format: Hi Edited below as had the card in backwards but still not working Had an issue today where my Micro SD Card got corrupted somehow. See this thread for what I posted earlier in case need more details http://https://www.tenforums.com/dri...corrupted.html Anyways I...
  10. how to FORCE format micro-SD card?

how to FORCE format micro-SD card?: I have a Sandisk 64gb micro-SD which I've been using happily on my phone, till I deleted one of the backup copy of the boot image and it started going corrupted. I have tried deleting the partition in disk management, formatting in CMD (admin mode), safe mode format, but...