Windows 10: Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,...

Discus and support Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China, also Maps showing My location is on China. Done all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RudradevMitra, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,...

Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China, also Maps showing My location is on China. Done all the steps from windows support center nothing helped. Please Assist

:)

RudradevMitra, Aug 1, 2020

2. How to change Display Language in Windows 10 Home Single Language Version

Hi, I have an HP laptop running by Windows 10 Home single language edition and recently installed Release 1903. I need to change the Windows Display Language to a different Language. The option to do that has a drop down menu, yet it doesn't allow me to
    change the selected language. I searched the internet, watched videos posting steps to do that. However, some of the options illustrated in these tips materials don't exist in my Window sitting application!!

Is there a way to change the display language, or I have to live with the problem for ever?

ThamerTarabzouni, Aug 1, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2020
  4. vanetten Win User

Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,...

change the language in windows 10 home single language or change the windows to windows 10 home

This doesn't work for me.

The Windows 10 system tells me I cannot change the primary language. Which his strange.

I have checked with HP before buying a laptop (with Win 10 Home Chinese, no other version available here) and they were told by MS that UI language could be changed.

I also checked online myself prior to purchasing and the official statement from MS is here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

On the compare version page there is nothing mentioned about language:

Compare Windows 10 Home vs Pro | Microsoft Windows

Compare Windows 10 business editions

It clearly says on the language pack page that any base language can change "Download and install additional languages for Windows 10 to view menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in your preferred language using the Language Control Panel." and
    change to English.

Anyone from Microsoft care to comment? It seems that Microsoft AGAIN made all Windows versions not the same? Hiding differences and having different versions per sales channels.

I have already told HP to take the laptop back and cancel our order of 25 laptops if MS can't fix this for them.

At least no one is laughing anymore at the office about my Macbook Air; that just asks me which language my OS should be when I open it up for the first time. (Apologies for this semi-rant, but I am also the one who is now dealing with this Win10 language
    BS in our company)

vanetten, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,...

1. Brand new HP Windows 10 Home single language Laptop Keeps changing Its Time Zone to China,... - Similar Threads - Brand Home single

2. Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...: I live in China and plan to buy a new laptop computer. It will have Windows 11 home, single-language chinese. What is the best way to change this so that I just have English?I believe a partial solution would be to do an on-line upgrade. Very likely this will have to be from...
  3. Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language: I have an laptop that has windows 10 home single language preinstalled 21h2 19044.2486 to it and its in portuguese. I wish I could change it to english. Have been searching everywhere but i couldnt find any solution to it. I wonder if i reset windows i could change the...
  4. Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language: I have an laptop that has windows 10 home single language preinstalled 21h2 19044.2486 to it and its in portuguese. I wish I could change it to english. Have been searching everywhere but i couldnt find any solution to it. I wonder if i reset windows i could change the...
  5. Windows 10 Home time zone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home time zone change: New laptop - Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 Home - unable to change time zone, gives me "restricted access" message. This is kid's laptop and I am an administrator on the family network, signed in as admin on the laptop. I could set time manually, but so can my kid and...
  6. Windows 10 Home time zone change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home time zone change: New laptop - Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 Home - unable to change time zone, gives me "restricted access" message. This is kid's laptop and I am an administrator on the family network, signed in as admin on the laptop. I could set time manually, but so can my kid and...
  7. Windows 10 Home time zone change

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Time zone keeps changing, brand new computer

Time zone keeps changing, brand new computer: I'm operating on a brand new HP Omen Windows 10 computer and the time zone keeps changing every half an hour or so. I've tried it with it set to automatically set the time and without that set and it still does it. I've restarted, made sure that the Windows Time service is...
  9. Time Zone keeps changing from Eastern to Pacific on my brand new laptop

Time Zone keeps changing from Eastern to Pacific on my brand new laptop: I bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and even though I set the time zone to Eastern time, it keeps changing back to Pacific. I tried setting it manually, and it goes back on its own. When I set time zone to automatic it sets it to Pacific. I checked Windows Time in...
  10. Changing language in windows 10 home single language

Changing language in windows 10 home single language: I bought a new laptop Lenovo 330S in Bogota 4 days ago. It was preinstalled Windows 10 home Single language in Spanish. Alhough I work in Bogota I do not speak Spanish and I want to change the single language instead of Spanish to English. How can I do this and how much...