Windows 10: Brand new laptop breaking after update.

Discus and support Brand new laptop breaking after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My sister has a brand new laptop, and i was uninstalling some of the acer bloatware. As i restarted the laptop, it started updating. Afterwards, i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naso4265, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Naso4265 Win User

Brand new laptop breaking after update.

My sister has a brand new laptop, and i was uninstalling some of the acer bloatware. As i restarted the laptop, it started updating. Afterwards, i cant do anything. None of the troubleshooting options work. I cant even reset it.

:)

Naso4265, Apr 15, 2019
  2. menarez Win User

brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Apr 15, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Brand new laptop breaking after update.

Brand New laptop

After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR."

Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this .

donhuntington1, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Brand new laptop breaking after update.

1. Brand new laptop breaking after update. - Similar Threads - Brand laptop breaking

2. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  3. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  4. Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new laptop--windows update failure??: I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with a brand new laptop. Can you help? I've tried troubleshooting the windows update & restarted my computer. But when I pulled...
  5. Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my brand new laptop!: After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the battery died. I got nothing. No lights. Nothing! I just bought three laptops for my kids for school. I am schooling at home. We...
  6. BSOD on brand new laptop

BSOD on brand new laptop: Hi all, I have just bought a brand new laptop (Asus Vivobook S14) yesterday and just experienced a BSOD. I have attached the minidump file here. Appreciate your help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks and Regards....
  7. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  8. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. BSOD on brand-new laptop

BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...