Windows 10: Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep

Discus and support Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys I just received my brand new Inspiron 15 5593 laptop, it all seemed great during my first install and initial setup (I always reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eob2000, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep

Hi guys

I just received my brand new Inspiron 15 5593 laptop, it all seemed great during my first install and initial setup (I always reinstall windows on a new machine). It was fine until I closed the lid to carry it to another room, it bluescreened immediately on wake with some page fault error. I thought nothing of it and rebooted and tried again, this time CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. and it has been that every time since, in the 20 wakes I have attempted since the first bluescreen it worked ONCE. This is both closing the lid and telling it to sleep from the start menu

I have tried analyzing minidumps but they are all really vague and point to the NT kernel. (I will upload some dumps later)

All my driver's are installed and updated.

Anyone have any ideas what to try next?, I really don't wanna be sending it back.

EDIT1: Ran a windows memory diagnostic, no results found

EDIT2: Here is a onedrive link with some dumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akb3iASRi3SQhLdMlU5jLZBxkRfF_w?e=RPNyUs

EDIT3: This is the config with the Nvidia MX230 if that makes any difference

submitted by /u/eob2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eob2000, Nov 15, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

This is so stupid. Laptop for 250€ sleeps and wakes up perfectly. My former 6 years old rig was sleeping/waking up fine. My current system for what, 1200€ with brand new components, everything made for power efficiency. And it can't even freaking wake up from a god damn sleep. So I have it disabled which means it'll run for days if I forget to turn it off. Idiotic.

RejZoR, Nov 15, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep

1. Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Brand laptop BSOD

2. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  3. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  4. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  5. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  6. BSOD on brand new laptop

BSOD on brand new laptop: Hi all, I have just bought a brand new laptop (Asus Vivobook S14) yesterday and just experienced a BSOD. I have attached the minidump file here. Appreciate your help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks and Regards....
  7. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. BSOD on brand-new laptop

BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod waking laptop