Windows 10: Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one.

Discus and support Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought an acer with windows 10 and I took it out of s mode mostly because I have no interest in using the new internet explorer and I dont need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ladyloveless, May 9, 2021.

1. Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one.

I just bought an acer with windows 10 and I took it out of s mode mostly because I have no interest in using the new internet explorer and I dont need to be babysat by my laptop. But now it's going so slow and barely working. O literally got it yesterday and now it's acting dumb. And it's irritating me I'm getting ready to take it back to the store. Using Google Chrome as my browser.

:)

Ladyloveless, May 9, 2021
  2. cbiweb Win User

Brand new laptop slower than old one

With only two windows open (task manager and browser):

Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one. [​IMG]

cbiweb, May 9, 2021
  3. suggest brand for 2.5" HDD from my laptop

I need to purchase a new sata 2.5" HDD from my laptop.
    500 gb
    Pls suggest which brand to go for?

looking for good quality and long life with high warranty yrs.

Some say that Hitachi HDD are very gud...!

pls suggest.

alivehunter, May 9, 2021
  4. Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one.

Brand new laptop slower than old one

Yes, return that puppy to Staples.

I find it useful to look at the PassMark rating of the CPU to get a first-pass estimate of speed. (Just google on "passmark". They list every CPU you'll ever find.)

What CPU is in this new laptop? And the old laptop?

Also, side note ...
    Cheap is slow. Cheap is unreliable. So don't buy cheap.

margrave55, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one.

1. Brand new laptop, but its going slower than my 7 yr old one. - Similar Threads - Brand laptop going

2. transferring ~13 yr old pc W10 to brand new W11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring ~13 yr old pc W10 to brand new W11 pc: First, let me begin by sharing the 2 glitches up front:1. I am severely 'techno-inept'2. can NOT access 'Start' menu thus settings at allSo, other than having to "reset password" for every bloody site/program/etc. currently in useon old desktop and downloading all new apps,...
  3. transferring ~13 yr old pc W10 to brand new W11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring ~13 yr old pc W10 to brand new W11 pc: First, let me begin by sharing the 2 glitches up front:1. I am severely 'techno-inept'2. can NOT access 'Start' menu thus settings at allSo, other than having to "reset password" for every bloody site/program/etc. currently in useon old desktop and downloading all new apps,...
  4. How to remove password requirement on my 7-yr old laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove password requirement on my 7-yr old laptop?: Have been using an ASUS netbook for 7-years. Never had a problem until I logged into to Skype. Suddenly my old Asus Win 10 updated computer wants me to log-in EVERYTIME i turn-on the machine! I RESENT THAT... I followed all on-line instructions to "uncheck the password box"...
  5. How to remove password requirement on my 7-yr old laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove password requirement on my 7-yr old laptop?: Have been using an ASUS netbook for 7-years. Never had a problem until I logged into to Skype. Suddenly my old Asus Win 10 updated computer wants me to log-in EVERYTIME i turn-on the machine! I RESENT THAT... I followed all on-line instructions to "uncheck the password box"...
  6. How to remove password requirement on my 7-yr old laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. This Laptop is Slower Than me, & I am Really Old

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This Laptop is Slower Than me, & I am Really Old: I purchased a Lenovo Flex 5-1570 Processor is i5-1700u and 8 Gb RAM for my spouse and general house use a couple of years ago. I set it up and have hardly used it since --until today. This is the slowest device I have used since Windows 95. It starts slow and stays slow....
  8. Backup Old Computer to Brand New One.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Old Computer to Brand New One.: HP Slimline Desktop 410-010 (Energy Star.) Operating System was Windows Home 10 v. 1809 It was fully loaded with Software. Windows 10 1809 64 I had a spare computer which I'm using now. hp pavilion Desk Top P7-1410, its working pretty well. Operating system is Windows 8.1...
  9. Programs load slower than windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs load slower than windows 7: So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". This never happened with windows...
  10. Brand new laptop slower than old one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop slower than old one: Two weeks ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320. The specs are in the "System Two" tab of the 'My Computers' info below. The problem is everything runs much slower than my older laptop ("System One" below). The worst issue is that Chrome takes 13 seconds to launch a completely...