Windows 10: Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

Discus and support Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clint_02, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Clint_02 Win User

Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now the drive cant be seen by windows or the bios? Out of curiosity i decided to use one of my Ubuntu drives laying around to see if i could see it on there, to which i could see the drive in Linux oddly. I then went through acers own support to which they told me nothing useful. I tried to install a sata driver of sorts to se

:)

Clint_02, Apr 13, 2024

2. Install Win 11 to external M.2 SSD via laptop

Hello everyone, I purchased a new NVMe M.2 1TB SSD and my old 512gb SSD is in the laptop. I have a SSD reader by which I can connect the new SSD externally to the laptop. The new SSD is clean and I need to install Win 11 on that so that I can replace my laptop SSD with the new one. Can someone guide me through the steps for the same?

I have 2 SSDs, one in the laptop and one connected externally via the reader. Can it be done with these two options or do we need an additional device for the installation.

Rahul Chenna, Apr 13, 2024
  3. M.2 SSD stopped being detected

Hi guys, a few years back I bought a 250GB M.2 ssd as an extra storage to my laptop. I already have a Samsung 500GB for OS. After 2+ years, my 250GB suddenly stopped appearing. I checked the device manager, disc manager and the BIOS. I used "diskpart and "list disk" command on cmd just to be sure and it's not detected.

I tried removing and reattaching it but to no avail. I switched the 500GB OS into the 250GB slot and vice versa to see if the slot on my motherboard is faulty but it detected the 500GB OS just fine.

Then, I replaced the ssd entirely and it only detected the new ssd for 3 days before it stopped detecting again. I checked Device Manager and saw that one of the "Standard NVM Express Controller" had a little triangle on it an says "Code 10". I tried updating it, but it says it's up to date. I tried uninstalling it and rebooting. Now it only says I have one "Standard NVM Express Controller" instead of two. After rebooting again, it appears back with the little triangle still on.

Now I am back to only having 500GB storage and am afraid of buying any new ssd for my laptop.

Here are my laptop specs:

OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

BIOS: N.1.16ILL03 (type: UEFI)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H

GPU: RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: 16GB

Storage:

1. SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-00A00 (500GB OS)
    2. ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO (250GB not detected)

Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD McBJjIY7wJqSIEVtZuxkaoQm%2fIo%2bE9ZQ9%2f5pwcKncGRtT3riobbhjgfA4JRIACxucem31jsnLw44DPjyqZWWJs4%3d.png

Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD UxUYqbTmnLxEsiKWFSGSJkUqMnEA2MGPGS5C3QNbAR%2fV31A5YeRpcUbp9xuCTPXX1p5%2fcRJYvLlQW5Jlq99h5l5jo%3d.png

MUHAMMAD HASIF MOHD JAMLI, Apr 13, 2024
  4. BorisDG Win User

Choice of M.2 SSD

I need opinion about two M.2 /NGFF/ SSD brands for my laptop. I have the following options:

Crucial M500 SSD, PCIe M.2 - 120 GB
    Kingston SSDNOW M.2 - 120GB

Which is better? Reliability, speed, warranty.

BorisDG, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

1. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - Brand laptop cannot

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  5. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  6. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  7. Cannot install M.2 ssd

Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  8. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. M.2 SSD stopped being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD stopped being detected: Hi guys, a few years back I bought a 250GB M.2 ssd as an extra storage to my laptop. I already have a Samsung 500GB for OS. After 2+ years, my 250GB suddenly stopped appearing. I checked the device manager, disc manager and the BIOS. I used "diskpart and "list disk" command...
  10. M.2 SSD stopped being detected

M.2 SSD stopped being detected: Hi guys, a few years back I bought a 250GB M.2 ssd as an extra storage to my laptop. I already have a Samsung 500GB for OS. After 2+ years, my 250GB suddenly stopped appearing. I checked the device manager, disc manager and the BIOS. I used "diskpart and "list disk" command...