Windows 10: Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

Discus and support Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spazeman_, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't installed much stuff, the startup applications are just the most basic ones, and even like that, and without running anything, 6 out of the 8 gigs of RAM are being used. I've already cleaned my laptop with ccleaner, I've made sure that I have no unnecessary startup applications, and the situation is still the same. I want to optimize my RAM usage, my old laptop had 4gb and I was good with it, now with 8gb I feel I am wasting most of it. What can I do?

submitted by /u/spazeman_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spazeman_, Feb 8, 2020
  2. menarez Win User

brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Any suggestions on ram configuration for my new laptop

Can you guys suggest me any good ram configuration for a new laptop i am planing to buy.

Sam mendez, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

New RAM not working as expected...

aaah ok so youre running 6gb total.. and two different brands of ram... (4GB + 2GB).
    try and loosen the timings a bit to see if thats causing the issue... also check whether that new rams plays is in the Qualified Vendors List with that motherboard.. perhaps thats the incompatibility.

First thing id suggest is to just start with 2gb of the new ram @1066 with your 3.2ghz overclock... see if that posts, if it does then put in the other 2gb (same brand).... see if that posts....then finally put in the old ram (to make your 6gb). but its probably a timing issue running old ram with new at its maximum rated speed.

twicksisted, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

1. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM - Similar Threads - Brand laptop consuming

2. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  3. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  4. GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much: I found that GameDVR and Broadcast user services with the name svchost.exe Service Host: GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_987b0 eats up a lot of the remaining RAM. It will even take up more than 6GB of RAM when I run a game or even Idle. I have even turned off the "Record...
  5. GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much

GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much: I found that GameDVR and Broadcast user services with the name svchost.exe Service Host: GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_987b0 eats up a lot of the remaining RAM. It will even take up more than 6GB of RAM when I run a game or even Idle. I have even turned off the "Record...
  6. Some processes are consuming too much ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  7. Some processes are consuming too much ram

Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  8. DCOM Server Process Launcher consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM Server Process Launcher consuming too much RAM: Every time I start up my notebook, I notice that a process named "DCOM server process launcher" starts hogging up my RAM, at an approximate rate of 0.1 MB per second. Right now, it is using almost 2GB of RAM. I feel that it might be a memory leak or a virus, but Avast and...
  9. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  10. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....