Windows 10: Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

Discus and support Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spazeman_, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't installed much stuff, the startup applications are just the most basic ones, and even like that, and without running anything, 6 out of the 8 gigs of RAM are being used. I've already cleaned my laptop with ccleaner, I've made sure that I have no unnecessary startup applications, and the situation is still the same. I want to optimize my RAM usage, my old laptop had 4gb and I was good with it, now with 8gb I feel I am wasting most of it. What can I do?

submitted by /u/spazeman_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spazeman_, Feb 8, 2020
  2. menarez Win User

brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Any suggestions on ram configuration for my new laptop

Can you guys suggest me any good ram configuration for a new laptop i am planing to buy.

Sam mendez, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

New RAM not working as expected...

aaah ok so youre running 6gb total.. and two different brands of ram... (4GB + 2GB).
    try and loosen the timings a bit to see if thats causing the issue... also check whether that new rams plays is in the Qualified Vendors List with that motherboard.. perhaps thats the incompatibility.

First thing id suggest is to just start with 2gb of the new ram @1066 with your 3.2ghz overclock... see if that posts, if it does then put in the other 2gb (same brand).... see if that posts....then finally put in the old ram (to make your 6gb). but its probably a timing issue running old ram with new at its maximum rated speed.

twicksisted, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

1. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM - Similar Threads - Brand laptop consuming

2. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  3. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  4. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming too much data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  5. Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop: I know this has been posted many times before, but I'm still not sure how to fix this issue. My laptop was running fine a few days ago; now, after returning home from college, my laptop fan is running loud as hell while idle and the task manager displays a 50% usage of...
  6. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  7. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  8. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
  9. Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU: I am running Windows 10 which is fully up to date, it is causing the PC to run very slowly and the mouse to lag and jump about. how can I rectify this?...
  10. Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal

Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro 64bits and a Mi notebook pro (i7 8550u). I noticed from a month that I am having very high CPU usage from the task "taskmgr.exe"( Task Manager itself). The CPU usage is about -17-42 %. Here are the things I did and tried: Update Windows 10 Run...