Windows 10: brand new laptop lags when gaming

Discus and support brand new laptop lags when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming. it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Popboss3726, Feb 19, 2020.

1. brand new laptop lags when gaming

I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming.

it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i only play small games like: rivenfield etc. i turn graphics setings to low, and i also closed every other tabs. I have tryed some of the solutions but did not work. ps: the game is only 10fps when im playing! Windows don't lag, only the game!

pls help!!!

:)

Popboss3726, Feb 19, 2020

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 19, 2020
  4. cziller43 Win User

brand new laptop lags when gaming

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Hello Wilfredo_Soto,

I downloaded the program that you suggested and I ran it. It showed me a list of drivers that I had to update. Since the program wasn't free I had to update them through device manager. Once I updated all of the drivers, I restarted the computer and tested
    if the typing issue was resolved.

Unfortunately, it still continues to lag while typing.

cziller43, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

brand new laptop lags when gaming

1. brand new laptop lags when gaming - Similar Threads - brand laptop lags

2. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  3. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  4. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  5. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  6. BSOD Brand New PC when running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand New PC when running games: Hi, Just got a new PC tonight and when I run games after a few seconds I get a BSOD. I tried using the display driver uninstall and redownloaded new ones. I'm running a 2080 in this and have the latest NVIDIA. Attached is the .zip dump. 162289
  7. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  8. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot

Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot: I bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 from Amazon (16GB RAM/128GB SSD+ 1TB HDD/ i7-8550U CPU @1.80Ghz) and I use a Windows 10 Home version with version number 1803. I've previously used a macbook pro 2011 and as I'm a student, my usage is mostly internet, multimedia and the...
  10. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of DDR4 ram at 2400 MHz, Nvidia Geforce MX130, and a 256 GB SSD. I have been using the laptop for a couple of days, and I noticed...