Windows 10: Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot

Discus and support Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 from Amazon (16GB RAM/128GB SSD+ 1TB HDD/ i7-8550U CPU @1.80Ghz) and I use a Windows 10 Home version with version number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ram625, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ram625 Win User

Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot

I bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 from Amazon (16GB RAM/128GB SSD+ 1TB HDD/ i7-8550U CPU @1.80Ghz) and I use a Windows 10 Home version with version number 1803.

I've previously used a macbook pro 2011 and as I'm a student, my usage is mostly internet, multimedia and the occasional R or Python programming and infact, I am yet to even install MS Office.

Despite having a very powerful laptop with more capabilities than what I require, the using the laptop actually feels very clunky as it lags suddenly and then gets to normal.

These are the issues that I have been facing:
    1. Login issue: When the laptop is on sleep, it takes a couple of tries to wake it to the login screen. I have to either press the power button or any other keys multiple times, so that I am directed to the login page. However, this doesn't happen all the time and sometimes, I am able to login at the first try itself.

2. Parts of windows explorer freeze and float translucently over other programs as well, even I had already closed windows explorer. For example, before typing this post, I clicked on the properties of my local disk and have closed it as well. However, the properties ribbon is frozen and now appears on this page that I'm typing on. Please click on this link to understand what I'm talking about: https://ibb.co/eFfdJp

3. Transition between apps: Being a mac user, I am very used to the trackpad gestures that mac offers. Though the functionality of the trackpad gestures on windows is quite limited, the app transitions lag a lot when I try to switch between two apps and often, I end up manually directing my cursor and click to switch between two apps, suppose Chrome browser and VLC media player.

This issues are preventing me from enjoy working on brand new, fully-powered laptop and I feel disappointed about the same.

It would mean a lot if you could help me in resolving these issues, or at least point where the underlying causes are. Thanks in advance!

:)

ram625, Oct 9, 2018
  2. cziller43 Win User

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Hello Wilfredo_Soto,

I downloaded the program that you suggested and I ran it. It showed me a list of drivers that I had to update. Since the program wasn't free I had to update them through device manager. Once I updated all of the drivers, I restarted the computer and tested
    if the typing issue was resolved.

Unfortunately, it still continues to lag while typing.

cziller43, Oct 9, 2018
  3. baris1 Win User
    Why is my BRAND NEW Leonvo Flex 3 laptop is running slow/lagging

Hi,

I just bought a Lenovo Flex and immediately experienced the same thing as well. Lenovo put out a fix for this March 17th ofthisyear. The link is: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...x-3-15-Input-lag-in-WIn-10/m-p/2140018#M35139

baris1, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Brand new laptop not running smoothly and lags a lot - Similar Threads - Brand laptop running

2. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  3. Brand new laptop lagging and not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop lagging and not charging: Hi,a week ago I got my new laptop and it has been working great. Yesterday while I was watching Netflix it suddenly started slowing down and it was as if I was watching a slideshow. When I unplug the charger my computer works like butter and is fine but when I plug it in it...
  4. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop lags a lot: I've got a new laptop a month ago with windows 7 installed in it. But after using some days it started lagging i thought it might be because of old version of windows so i got windows 10 installed in my laptop but it still lagging. So what could i do in this regard to improve...
  5. Laptop lagging a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lagging a lot: I was getting BSOD earlierImage 1 and uninstalling windows quality update worked for me but now the laptop is literally taking 30 mins to open anything. Even the startup time has increased. I checked task manager and it shows 100% disk usage Image 2 even though no app is...
  6. Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop: I know this has been posted many times before, but I'm still not sure how to fix this issue. My laptop was running fine a few days ago; now, after returning home from college, my laptop fan is running loud as hell while idle and the task manager displays a 50% usage of...
  7. brand new laptop lags when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new laptop lags when gaming: I have got a thinkpad L390 yoga from my school. It is brand new but i don't know whay game lags when i'm gaming. it has intel core i5 8th gen, and i only play small games like: rivenfield etc. i turn graphics setings to low, and i also closed every other tabs. I have tryed...
  8. Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.

Unbearable stuttering/lagging on the brand-new gaming laptop.: Please Help! Laptop: HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur. BIOS: AMI F.21 for now (early AMI F.18). The problem refers to only on one of these elements: HDD/BIOS/MotherBoard/RAM/System/pagefile/CPU. At the first using of computer, everything is lagging and stuttering already. System...
  9. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of DDR4 ram at 2400 MHz, Nvidia Geforce MX130, and a 256 GB SSD. I have been using the laptop for a couple of days, and I noticed...
  10. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...