Windows 10: Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discus and support Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I just purchased a gaming laptop a few months ago just for gaming. Just the other day I finally decided I wanted to watch YouTube on it. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoSlackk, Sep 24, 2018.

1. NoSlackk Win User

Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello I just purchased a gaming laptop a few months ago just for gaming. Just the other day I finally decided I wanted to watch YouTube on it. Nothing but a black screen but I can hear audio... It will not even play video ads on the sidebar.... So I thought it was an adobe flashplayer and shockwave issue I downloaded those still nothing... My Integrated webcam dont even show a video just a black screen as well... Ive updated all video drivers and everything in your troubleshooting section and still nothing. I just find it weird I can play some pretty demanding video games on this new laptop but I cant even watch a video???

:)

NoSlackk, Sep 24, 2018

2. Playing MPEG files in brand new computer

Thanks for getting back to me. Here are the answers to your three questions:

• I am able to play the files on another older computer that was upgraded to Windows 10, I believe from Windows 7. On the old computer, the files appear in my Videos folder as thumbnails of the video. If I click on them, they immediately open in Windows
      Media Player, and both the video and audio portion play perfectly. When I moved the file to a brand new computer also running Windows 10, and I open the file from my Videos folder, it opens in Windows Media Player, but only the audio plays. There is no video.
      This is the case for all videos I have that are in mpeg format. When I try to open the mpeg files using Movies &TV on the new computer, I get the message: “Can’t Play. Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don’t support. 0xc004f011
      Send Feedback”
    • I get no error message in Windows Media Player when this happens. The file just opens and plays audio only. I get the error message noted in #1 when I try to open the file in Movies & TV.
    • I have not made any significant changes prior to the issue. It’s a brand new computer and the problem existed the first time I tried to play a video. I noticed it when I was moving my files to the new computer and all the mpeg files didn’t turn
      into thumbnails in the video folder.

I have run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter two or three times and it has not made any difference.

I have tried to enable automatic downloading of codecs, but when I go to Media Player>Tools>Options>Player Tab>Automatic Updates there is no option for “Download Codecs Automatically.” There is only the option to download automatically daily, weekly,
    or monthly.

If it is a codec issue, then all I see in the Windows Support pages is to be aware of downloading codecs from the internet and I am scared. It would be nice if Microsoft provided a suggested safe source for codecs.

Let me know if there is anything you can do for me.

TimAnderson1016, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    laptop wont play videos or sound

Hi Felix,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Are you facing this issue when you play downloaded video?

2. Do you get any error message?

3. Have you installed all pending driver updates?

I suggest you run troubleshooter for playing audio and video playback.

Step 1:

Type Troubleshooter on Search.

Select View all on the right hand side.

Double click on Playing Audio.

Step 2:

Type Troubleshooter on Search.

Select View all on the right hand side.

Double click on Video playback.

Also follow the link to update display audio drivers.

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/pro...ooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e430

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Pavan_N, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When playing downloaded videos on laptop, it lags.

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the videos are playing with lag in every player. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • From where did you update the display adapter?
    • Did you check playing in Windows media player?
    • Which file format are you trying to play?
    • Is the issue specific to the Video or all the videos?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Brand New Laptop Will Not Play ANY sort of videos!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Brand Laptop Play

2. when I play any video file laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when I play any video file laptop freeze: The problem is when I play any video file in my laptop suddenly my laptop become hang and Ctrl alt delete also not working after restart also it same problem occurs...
  3. when I play any video file laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I play any video file laptop freeze: The problem is when I play any video file in my laptop suddenly my laptop become hang and Ctrl alt delete also not working after restart also it same problem occurs...
  4. Windows 10 Brand New Build Resets Anytime I play a video game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Brand New Build Resets Anytime I play a video game: Anytime I play a video game within 5-10 minutes the PC restarts. No overclocking is being done. I just did a fresh install of windows 10 installed all the latest drivers and video card drivers. Also used intels driver tool to get the most up to date intel drivers. Previously...
  5. Windows 10 Brand New Build Resets Anytime I play a video game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Brand New Build Resets Anytime I play a video game: Anytime I play a video game within 5-10 minutes the PC restarts. No overclocking is being done. I just did a fresh install of windows 10 installed all the latest drivers and video card drivers. Also used intels driver tool to get the most up to date intel drivers. Previously...
  6. Whenever I play any sort of video on my PC, after a couple of seconds the video alone goes...

Whenever I play any sort of video on my PC, after a couple of seconds the video alone goes...: Whenever I play a video from youtube or even the display helper video, after a couple of seconds the video goes really bright. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-play-any-sort-of-video-on-my-pc-after-a/cd27f350-a1f8-4987-b2dc-09287a5a71b9
  7. BSOD on brand new laptop

BSOD on brand new laptop: Hi all, I have just bought a brand new laptop (Asus Vivobook S14) yesterday and just experienced a BSOD. I have attached the minidump file here. Appreciate your help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks and Regards....
  8. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. not playing of videos in any player installed in the laptop.

not playing of videos in any player installed in the laptop.: Hello friends, I have a Lenovo idea pad 310 laptop, this time I am facing problem of not playing any video in the lappy. when I m clicking on any movie/ song , it is not playing. kidnly give me suggestions for this problem. also some time...
  10. BSOD on brand-new laptop

BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new laptop not playing videos

2. brand new laptop cant play video