Windows 10: Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

Discus and support Brand new laptop--windows update failure?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DylanRoss7, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with a brand new laptop. Can you help? I've tried troubleshooting the windows update & restarted my computer. But when I pulled it back up I experienced the issue again. Please help, it's bugging me. Brand new laptop--windows update failure?? 9483ba8e-ebb5-4b1d-9d43-8f29c2ed732a?upload=true.png

:)

DylanRoss7, Nov 25, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 25, 2020
  3. menarez Win User
    brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

1. Brand new laptop--windows update failure?? - Similar Threads - Brand laptop update

2. Occurrence of BSOD " driver power state failure " on a brand new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occurrence of BSOD " driver power state failure " on a brand new laptop.: Recently purchased a Laptop with following specs,Acer Nitro 5i5 12500H / RTX 3050 / 8GB / 512 GB / Win 11 pre-installedon the initial boot I experienced a BSOD stating "driver power state failure" , and later the same issue kept creeping often even on idle, so I installed a...
  3. Occurrence of BSOD " driver power state failure " on a brand new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occurrence of BSOD " driver power state failure " on a brand new laptop.: Recently purchased a Laptop with following specs,Acer Nitro 5i5 12500H / RTX 3050 / 8GB / 512 GB / Win 11 pre-installedon the initial boot I experienced a BSOD stating "driver power state failure" , and later the same issue kept creeping often even on idle, so I installed a...
  4. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  5. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  6. Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my brand new laptop!: After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the battery died. I got nothing. No lights. Nothing! I just bought three laptops for my kids for school. I am schooling at home. We...
  7. Brand new laptop breaking after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new laptop breaking after update.: My sister has a brand new laptop, and i was uninstalling some of the acer bloatware. As i restarted the laptop, it started updating. Afterwards, i cant do anything. None of the troubleshooting options work. I cant even reset it....
  8. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  9. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...