Windows 10: Brand new laptop with Windows 10 and notepad and excel not responding

Discus and support Brand new laptop with Windows 10 and notepad and excel not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP laptop. Was working fine...now when I open Excel or try to print a PDF file it just says not responding. I have tried to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KHewitt1, Feb 1, 2020.

1. KHewitt1 Win User

Brand new laptop with Windows 10 and notepad and excel not responding

I have a brand new HP laptop. Was working fine...now when I open Excel or try to print a PDF file it just says not responding. I have tried to type commands into the search bar to run commands and that won't allow me to type there. I know virtually nothing about computers and have no idea how to fix this. Any help? It is a brother printer and brand new WIndows Office.

:)

KHewitt1, Feb 1, 2020

2. Excel will not open file. Brand New Computer, Brand New Subscription

Thank you for responding! Yes I can create files but cannot open a client file that I've exported from an online database. I can't send you the file as it is my client's data. Any ideas of what I can try? I've already restarted the laptop and reinstalled
    Office. I literally just bought this laptop because my old one keeps crashing but I'm still able to use the old one (thankfully) WITH AN EXPIRED EXCEL SUBSCRIPTION EVEN... but not the expensive brand new one with a brand new paid subscription! What the heck.

KerrieTanksley, Feb 1, 2020
  3. How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Brand new laptop with Windows 10 and notepad and excel not responding - Similar Threads - Brand laptop notepad

2. WINDOWS 11 BRAND NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 BRAND NEW LAPTOP: Hi i have a brandnew laptop, it keeps lagging when its not plugged in to its charges how do you fix it im running on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-brand-new-laptop/6b2166d3-80e2-41b2-81d9-b04b0c08e29b
  3. WINDOWS 11 BRAND NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 BRAND NEW LAPTOP: Hi i have a brandnew laptop, it keeps lagging when its not plugged in to its charges how do you fix it im running on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-brand-new-laptop/6b2166d3-80e2-41b2-81d9-b04b0c08e29b
  4. NOT responding notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOT responding notepad: My notepad is crashing and my txt files are not responding at all. I need help since I have files that I need and it is on notepad. It goes white and will crash after a minute. I dont have any changes made in this PC. This is Windows 11....
  5. NOT responding notepad

NOT responding notepad: My notepad is crashing and my txt files are not responding at all. I need help since I have files that I need and it is on notepad. It goes white and will crash after a minute. I dont have any changes made in this PC. This is Windows 11....
  6. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 on brand new laptop: My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of...
  7. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  8. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. notepad to excel

notepad to excel: how do I put data existing in comma separated file into an excel document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/notepad-to-excel/594f77b4-7ac8-4c02-b7d3-1aa0da0fcf5d
  10. BSOD on brand-new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...