Windows 10: Brand new M.2 SSD doesn't show up in Windows and it does everywhere else

Discus and support Brand new M.2 SSD doesn't show up in Windows and it does everywhere else in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new WD Black SN750 and when i installed it, it did not show up in my disk manager in windows. It shows up in the BIOS, it shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aby28, May 17, 2021.

1. Aby28 Win User

Brand new M.2 SSD doesn't show up in Windows and it does everywhere else

I recently bought a new WD Black SN750 and when i installed it, it did not show up in my disk manager in windows. It shows up in the BIOS, it shows up in the device manager, it shows up on the WD Dashboard, but not in Windows. What can be the problem?Like , when i want to initalize it and i go into the 'Create and format disk partitions' program, it doesn't come up and there is only one drive there, my old HDD. I need help.

:)

Aby28, May 17, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Brand new M.2 SSD doesn't show up in Windows and it does everywhere else [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 17, 2021
  3. Kreker Win User
    M.2 SSD doesn't show up in BIOS and Windows installer

I am building a brand new PC with motherboard Asus PRIME B250M-A and a 250GB WD BLUE M2 2280 SSD drive.

The M.2 drive doesn't show up in BIOS. After a few attempts, disabling the CMS brings the M.2 entry in the BIOS, but the value is N/A. I changed the M.2 mode from AUTO to PCI-E and at the bootstrap I get a message that says a SATA device is connected to the M.2 port and to switch to SATA mode in the BIOS. I did that, and the N/A is always there.

Windows 10 installer doesn't show the drive either.

Kreker, May 17, 2021
  4. Attie Win User

M.2 SSD doesn't show up in BIOS and Windows installer

That SSD is indeed SATA (not PCIe / NVMe).

Check that it's properly seated. Once you have it detected, it will likely show up as one of the SATA devices (not an M.2 device). From the manual:

Additionally, I noticed in your motherboard's manual, that it has two M.2 ports:

• M.2_1 supports both SATA & PCIe 3.0 x4
    • M.2_2 supports only PCIe 3.0 x4

Make sure that you have the SSD in the correct port (labelled M.2_1).

Also, make sure that you don't have another disk connected to the SATA6G_1 port (top).

Please just go through the motions to be 100% sure (even if you think you tried it).

1. Power off
    2. Install SSD into M.2_1
    3. Disconnect any drive / cable from SATA6G_1
    4. Enter the BIOS and set M.2_1 to SATA mode
    5. Save configuration and reboot
    6. Check devices found by BIOS again

Attie, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Brand new M.2 SSD doesn't show up in Windows and it does everywhere else - Similar Threads - Brand SSD doesn't

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and Windows 11 installation setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and Windows 11 installation setup.: Hi, I'm new to this forum but hopefully, somebody can help me with my problem. : Last week I ordered a new M.2 for my pc. Currently, I run Windows 10 on a 120GB SSD along with a 1TB HHD. Because of games getting bigger and me getting more data etc I need more space and so I...
  6. M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and Windows 11 installation setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and Windows 11 installation setup.: Hi, I'm new to this forum but hopefully, somebody can help me with my problem. : Last week I ordered a new M.2 for my pc. Currently, I run Windows 10 on a 120GB SSD along with a 1TB HHD. Because of games getting bigger and me getting more data etc I need more space and so I...
  7. M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and windows 11 installation setup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD doesn't show up in the disk management and windows 11 installation setup.: Hi, I'm new to this forum but hopefully, somebody can help me with my problem. : Last week I ordered a new M.2 for my pc. Currently, I run Windows 10 on a 120GB SSD along with a 1TB HHD. Because of games getting bigger and me getting more data etc I need more space and so I...
  8. M.2 SSD Is not sowing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M.2 SSD Is not sowing up: Hi. I was asking about my M.2 SSD. It shows up in my BiosI built my own PC, it shows up in device management, and I can make a device pool with it. However, if I want to configure it only shows my 1 tb 2.5 inch SSD. I want to figure out how to make it appear, because my 2.5...
  9. M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management: So my Inland Premium 512GB M.2 SSD will show up in the BIOS menu but not in disk management and I have taken it out and put it back in to see if it was an installation problem but no luck. Help!...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus b250m-a doesnt boot with m2 ssd