Windows 10: Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP!

Discus and support Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We recently purchased two new computers as replacements for two older machines at my company. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sadkins76, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP!

We recently purchased two new computers as replacements for two older machines at my company. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Installation went fine, no issues on either machine. Did all updates to Windows. Installed our standard set of software; Office 365, FileMaker Pro Advanced, Adobe Reader DC, TightVNC, etc. Both computers are setup nearly identical, with the exception of one computer having UPS WorldShip installed, as it is the shipping department machine.

A few days after being setup, BOTH computers started having random restarts/shutdowns. There is no indication of what could be causing this. I have looked at Event Viewer, and there is nothing except that the previous shutdown was unexpected, and that it shutdown at a certain time. Nothing up to that time indicates any issues. All the software installed is up to date. I have gone through lists found with Google-Fu of things to try, and nothing has worked. Based on the behavior that BOTH computers are affected, I feel like this is a Windows issue, and not a hardware issue. I have updated BIOS to most recent, set to performance power settings, disabled auto-restart, etc. Nothing matters. There is no correlation between what the user is doing and the shutdowns/restarts occurring, either. Completely random. Sometimes it will happen multiple times in 10 mins, sometimes its hours between incidents...

I am at a loss. I am sure I am missing something, but I have no idea what it is. ANY thoughts or suggestions will help!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/sadkins76
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sadkins76, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Thagstrom Win User

Setting up dual monitors on brand new computer

A lot of times adapters are not reliable and could be an issue with the adapter.

However, it would be ideal if the computer had two display outputs. And according to the product page it should have an HDMI and Display port output on the board.

You can see that here:
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/desktops-a...

Is this not the case for yours?

If it is, it would be much more reliable to do a display port to VGA cable then hdmi to hdmi to the other monitor.

Thagstrom, Dec 6, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Dell Announces OptiPlex 980 Desktop PCs

Dell announced today its most powerful business desktop yet, the new OptiPlex 980, combines superb management and an environmentally friendly design. The new OptiPlex 980 can deliver up to 35 percent greater performance than previous generation OptiPlex systems. The desktop can also lower energy costs with an energy-efficient design and environment-conscious features. New management features to enhance productivity include, virtual remote control capability with an optional Intel KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) and simplified task management with Dell's Update Catalog for Microsoft Systems Center.

Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP! 29a_thm.jpg

Other features making the OptiPlex 980 an ultimate commercial desktop computing experience include:
    • Desktop Performance -- With Intel Core processor technology (Core i5 or Core i7) options and Solid State Drive options for increased performance and reliability.
    • Outstanding Energy Efficiency -- With a 90 percent energy efficient power supply, the OptiPlex 980 can use less energy, helping to lower energy costs.
    • Designed with the Environment in Mind -- meets important government environmental standards including Energy Star 5.0 and EPEAT Gold, EPEAT's highest rating. OptiPlex 980 also contains more post-consumer recycled content than previous generations.
    • A Quiet Workplace -- the only commercial desktop with an optional Dell EcoKit that reduces system noise by up to 50 percent, helping to reduce workplace noise and increase productivity.
    • Advanced Security & Systems Management -- management innovation including the latest generation of Intel vPro remote management support, which improves productivity with a robust set of enterprise security options that are the hallmark of the OptiPlex brand.
    Offered in three different chassis options (minitower, desktop and small form factor), the OptiPlex 980 will be available worldwide in the coming weeks at a starting price of $807 USD.

btarunr, Dec 6, 2019
  4. pbmaster Win User

Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP!

Random shutdowns

Right after I got everything back together and re-applying the HS and thermal paste, I've been getting random shutdowns. It's only been two so far, but I've just been sitting at the desktop. Any ideas?

pbmaster, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP!

1. Brand New Optiplex 3070 desktops, Fresh Win10Pro, Random shutdowns/reboots....HELP! - Similar Threads - Brand Optiplex 3070

2. Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 3070 BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 3070 BSOD: We are having around 30 to 40 BSOD cases for Dell Optiplex 3070 running windows 10. Already submit ticket to Dell and unfortunately no root causes found. Dell suggest we update the driver/firmware and updating Windows, hence we had done that but still there is BSOD PC after...
  3. Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 3070 BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 3070 BSOD: We are having around 30 to 40 BSOD cases for Dell Optiplex 3070 running windows 10. Already submit ticket to Dell and unfortunately no root causes found. Dell suggest we update the driver/firmware and updating Windows, hence we had done that but still there is BSOD PC after...
  4. Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 3070 BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with Terrible Performance from brand new machine with Win10Pro 0x80041032 ArbTaskIdle...

Help with Terrible Performance from brand new machine with Win10Pro 0x80041032 ArbTaskIdle...: Hi all - I've recently bought a new machine. Lenovo P17 with XeonW-10855M@2.8GHZ, NVidia Quadro RTX4000 8GB, 32GB mem, 2 TB in 2 SSDs. I bought it with Win10Pro workstation Installed. I use it for Work and Personal use and have two users on the machine - one personal, one...
  6. How to install windows 10 on 3070 Optiplex?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 on 3070 Optiplex?: Dear All, I can't install windows 10 on 3070 OptiPlex, let me know it will be your kindness. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-on-3070-optiplex/3f7b46a6-3091-4818-94e1-04ff39eab67c
  7. BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING

BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING: I just built my first ever PC AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ASrock b450 steel legend Gigabyte gefore gtx 1660 super gaming OC G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8 DDR4-3600 CL16 Crucial P1 1TB M.2-2280 SSD Corsair CXM 650W I DO NOT HAVE THE LATEST BIOS Build seemingly went fine for my first,...
  8. Brand New Optiplex 3060 BSOD

Brand New Optiplex 3060 BSOD: Brand new micro form factor Optiplex has been BSODing about twice every day. System has already had the motherboard replaced by Dell. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 has been performed. All Dell Diagnostic tests have passed. Drivers/BIOS Firmware have been updated to the latest...
  9. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...
  10. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...