Windows 10: Brand new PC - black screen

Discus and support Brand new PC - black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number) I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VillageIdiot, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Brand new PC - black screen

Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number)

I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a few hours later, I got a black screen. The mouse works because I see the pointer moving.

How do I get it to work?

Thank you

:)

VillageIdiot, Mar 29, 2020

2. black screen with cursor

How can I do the steps listed above, there is nothing but a black screen, nothing to click on. When I restart the computer, there is no problem. But sooner or later I get the black screen. I mean my Mom just bought a brand new computer, and it also does
    it to her. Could the screensaver be causing the problem? It is a screensaver that comes with Windows 10.

CappieSmith, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Brand new PC - black screen

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Brand new PC - black screen

1. Brand new PC - black screen - Similar Threads - Brand black screen

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  4. Black screen after inserting a brand new HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after inserting a brand new HDD: So I bought a new HDD because I wanted to replace my old one, when I inserted it and booted up my laptop it didn't show anything, only a black screen. The hard drive icon also wasn't lit. Please helpOld Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 installed on the old drive...
  5. Black screen after inserting a brand new HDD

Black screen after inserting a brand new HDD: So I bought a new HDD because I wanted to replace my old one, when I inserted it and booted up my laptop it didn't show anything, only a black screen. The hard drive icon also wasn't lit. Please helpOld Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 installed on the old drive...
  6. Brand New PC goes black and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC goes black and crashes: I just got this new PC and when playing certain games for about 1 hour it will freeze the screen and audio then go completely black and show reboot screen, I have not modified or done anything to this PC because I just opened it today. It will reboot itself and I am unsure as...
  7. Brand New PC goes black and crashes

Brand New PC goes black and crashes: I just got this new PC and when playing certain games for about 1 hour it will freeze the screen and audio then go completely black and show reboot screen, I have not modified or done anything to this PC because I just opened it today. It will reboot itself and I am unsure as...
  8. Brand new PC boots to orange and white screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new PC boots to orange and white screen: Hello, I just built my first gaming PC and had gotten it all situated. I used a laptop to download the Windows 10 media creation tool onto a USB of mine so i could install Windows 10. I went into my settings and selected the USB as the boot drive and proceeded. However,...
  9. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  10. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...