Windows 10: Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

Discus and support Brand new PC build keeps freezing? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JJ2k_, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JJ2k_ Win User

Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally freeze temporarily and the CPU speed will spike to 4.7 GHz. I'm just on my Desktop with a couple of programs open, usually Task Manager and Firefox. It has also frozen to the point where it doesn't respond and I have to reboot the PC. I've opened Task Manager and Resource Monitor to find that the CPU is being occupied by the System at 18%. Lastly, the CPU clock speed is constantly above 4.5GHz, it drops down to 3.60GHz and then below but this is only when programs aren't open. How can I resolve this issue and why is my PC freezing with only a few programs open?

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
    System Type: 64-Bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Local Disk (CBrand new PC build keeps freezing? :): Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB Internal SSD

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide Brand new PC build keeps freezing? :)

:)

JJ2k_, Jan 4, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

My brand new PC keeps crashing

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem.
    Basics: Do you experience these freezes only after installing additional software? Try a clean boot and check for freezes then.

There are 54 pages in this thread on random freezes..

Windows 10 freezes randomly - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum for (e.g.)
    PC freezes
    random freeze

When you've had a look thru things people have suggested and tried, if still no solution, post back with a list of what you've tried.

Good luck!

dalchina, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Brand new PC keeps crashing

Brand new? I'd suspect the worst - some heat related hardware fault - and consider returning it.

markweatherill, Jan 4, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

win 10 on 15 5555 screen freeze's alot brand new device

Hi Michael,

To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide us the following:

• The task that you are trying to do before the screen freezes.
    • Troubleshooting steps provided.
    We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Brand new PC build keeps freezing? - Similar Threads - Brand build keeps

2. Brand New PC. Keep crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC. Keep crashing.: Hey there! I have posted once before about an issue and it seemed to have been fixed for 2ish days. Every time I play games, I will blue screen and get many different errors. Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, etc... I have been told that it could be corrupted drivers...
  3. Brand New PC. Keep crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New PC. Keep crashing.: Hey there! I have posted once before about an issue and it seemed to have been fixed for 2ish days. Every time I play games, I will blue screen and get many different errors. Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, etc... I have been told that it could be corrupted drivers...
  4. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  5. Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly: Link to event files.Hi,Brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro x64.Intel i7-10700k32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAMAsus Z490-I MoboAsus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti2 PCIe SSDs M.2 / 1 Sata SSD Corsair SFX-750 750W PSUI've been struggling troubleshooting why my PC is just randomly freezing and...
  6. Constant BSOD on brand new PC build

Constant BSOD on brand new PC build: I had a pc store build me a brand new PC a month ago that has the following specifications. Asus Tuf gaming b460M-Plus motherboard, i9-9900k processor, RTX 3060 12GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD running windows 10 pro 20H2 OS build 19042.928 with a 800W PSU. Since purchasing it, I...
  7. Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly: Hello, I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard input / caps lock stops working. The entire system doesn't immediately stop working: Spotify will keep playing, videos on YouTube...
  8. Windows freeze on blue window on brand new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freeze on blue window on brand new build: Dear Sirs Hoping you could provide some assistance. I've put together a new build, all seemed well until I went to instal windows 10 pro USB key. It installs and then when the first restart happens it freezes at the blue window with dots circle. Tried removing hardware...
  9. Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update: Hi, I just finished building my new rig, and was attempting to update my Windows apps and such when my PC froze. I attempted again, and came out with the same outcome. I found that if windows does NOT ask to update or anything like that, the PC runs fine. Any suggestions? I...
  10. Brand new Build. BSod CLock_Watchdog_Timeout and Freezes.

Brand new Build. BSod CLock_Watchdog_Timeout and Freezes.: I spent all weekend building up a new computer: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 brand new build keeps freezing

2. nzxt pc keeps crashing

3. new pc build freezes on occasion

4. brand new pc build keeps freezing,
  5. brand new nzxt build freeze,
  6. built brand new pc and it freezes