Windows 10: Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

Discus and support Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just finished building my new rig, and was attempting to update my Windows apps and such when my PC froze. I attempted again, and came out with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WyattBrinks, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

Hi, I just finished building my new rig, and was attempting to update my Windows apps and such when my PC froze. I attempted again, and came out with the same outcome. I found that if windows does NOT ask to update or anything like that, the PC runs fine. Any suggestions? I can't download drivers without updating windows. Thank you in advance!

:)

WyattBrinks, Dec 4, 2018

2. Brand new E5 freezes and restarts often

I recieved the E5 not even two days ago, and I cannot tell you how much frustration I've gone through trying to stop it from freezing and restarting. It has happened in the menu, in the contact list, just trying to do random things. Also, it happens on
    its own, for example I just noticed it restarting while I'm typing this sentence, and I haven't touched it for five minutes.

It is extremely upsetting for a BRAND new phone to be acting like this, and thus far I am extremely displeased with the Nokia brand. I am not really too tech savvy, but I do know some, so please offer me suggestions and help with how to get this phone running
    optimally. Thanks.

Ryan505---01, Dec 4, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    My brand new PC keeps crashing

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem.
    Basics: Do you experience these freezes only after installing additional software? Try a clean boot and check for freezes then.

There are 54 pages in this thread on random freezes..

Windows 10 freezes randomly - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum for (e.g.)
    PC freezes
    random freeze

When you've had a look thru things people have suggested and tried, if still no solution, post back with a list of what you've tried.

Good luck!

dalchina, Dec 4, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

1. Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update - Similar Threads - Brand Freezing Upon

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  3. Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly: Link to event files.Hi,Brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro x64.Intel i7-10700k32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAMAsus Z490-I MoboAsus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti2 PCIe SSDs M.2 / 1 Sata SSD Corsair SFX-750 750W PSUI've been struggling troubleshooting why my PC is just randomly freezing and...
  4. Brand-new PC resets everything to default upon Windows 10 update. Any fixes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand-new PC resets everything to default upon Windows 10 update. Any fixes?: I've had this PC for less than a week. In that time, I've done two updates, and both updates have completely wiped my preferences. Desktop reset to default, taskbar reset to default, preferred browser settings, language settings, passwords, everything. I'm getting real sick...
  5. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  6. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  7. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  8. Win 10 freezing my brand new PC

Win 10 freezing my brand new PC: Hi, I ahve just spent over a thousand pounds on a new PC and it keeps freezing randomly no matter what I am doing! It is NOT a hardware issue it is Windows 10! I have a 4 year old PC that is running win 7 and it has no issues what so ever never has it crashed due to the...
  9. Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

Brand new PC build keeps freezing?: Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally freeze temporarily and the CPU speed will spike to 4.7 GHz. I'm just on my Desktop with a couple of programs open, usually Task...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...