Windows 10: Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?

Discus and support Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought a PC for work and took it out of S mode to download Windows 11 Pro-after the download it is saying Windows can't be activated because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KKSS_327, Feb 12, 2024.

1. KKSS_327 Win User

Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?

I just bought a PC for work and took it out of S mode to download Windows 11 Pro-after the download it is saying Windows can't be activated because the digital license/product key is not valid. It was valid when it was Home edition. What do I need to do to resolve this?

:)

KKSS_327, Feb 12, 2024

2. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

Hi

I have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 Home(OEM) to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.

Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have reset my old PC and removed it from my devices in Microsoft Account. But not able to upgrade.

I have tried raising support cases and there was no call back from Microsoft. Can anyone please help me on this.

Sri Ram Gopal, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Unlink Windows 11 Pro Digital License

Thanks so much for your help. That really clarifies my situation.

Using this article as a guide, my plan is to:

1. Replace Windows 11 with Ubuntu on the laptop that currently has the Windows 11 Pro retail digital license activated on it (even if reverting to Windows Home is an option, I just prefer Ubuntu on this computer for a programming environment). I will not yet remove the 'device' in my Windows account.
    2. After assembling my new PC, I will install Windows 11 via a USB drive.
    3. When prompted I will choose the "I don't have a key option"
    4. I will log in with my Microsoft account
    5. I will go to Activation Settings > Troubleshoot
    6. I will click "I changed hardware on this device recently"
    7. I will chose the new PC from the list of available PCs
    8. I will check "This is the device I'm using right now" and click "Activate." This will enable Windows 11 Pro on the new PC and deactivate the installation on the old laptop (which at this point will be running Ubuntu anyways)
    Does that sounds like a good plan?

ChrisCrossCrash, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?

Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro.

I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop.

Rose Ann Bondoc, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?

1. Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid? - Similar Threads - Brand upgraded Pro

2. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows digital license validity: Hi I bought my lenovo legion Y540 in 2020 or 2019, it came with windows 10. I switched to linux after some time but i want to switch back to windows now.Can you confirm if my windows licence is still valid or not.Thanks...
  3. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows digital license validity: Hi I bought my lenovo legion Y540 in 2020 or 2019, it came with windows 10. I switched to linux after some time but i want to switch back to windows now.Can you confirm if my windows licence is still valid or not.Thanks...
  4. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10: upgraded motherboard and cpu. Now Windows says my license isn't valid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10: upgraded motherboard and cpu. Now Windows says my license isn't valid: I upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my PC.I installed the old motherboard and CPU on my father's PC.Got home, and now I'm getting "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. .... Error code: 0xC004C003"I ran the...
  6. Windows 10: upgraded motherboard and cpu. Now Windows says my license isn't valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: upgraded motherboard and cpu. Now Windows says my license isn't valid: I upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my PC.I installed the old motherboard and CPU on my father's PC.Got home, and now I'm getting "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. .... Error code: 0xC004C003"I ran the...
  7. Windows 10: upgraded motherboard and cpu. Now Windows says my license isn't valid

8. Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?

Brand new PC just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro, now saying digital license isn't valid?: I just bought a PC for work and took it out of S mode to download Windows 11 Pro-after the download it is saying Windows can't be activated because the digital license/product key is not valid. It was valid when it was Home edition. What do I need to do to resolve this?...
  9. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC: HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have...
  10. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC: HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have...