Windows 10: BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING

Discus and support BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just built my first ever PC AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ASrock b450 steel legend Gigabyte gefore gtx 1660 super gaming OC G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8 DDR4-3600... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian{}1, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Ian{}1 Win User

BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING

I just built my first ever PC AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ASrock b450 steel legend Gigabyte gefore gtx 1660 super gaming OC G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8 DDR4-3600 CL16 Crucial P1 1TB M.2-2280 SSD Corsair CXM 650W I DO NOT HAVE THE LATEST BIOS Build seemingly went fine for my first, installed windows 10 pro non-licensed, connected ethernet, installed all windows updates restarting in-between when necessary, then proceeded to install my drivers Primary potential error: Stupidly installed all listed drivers below except those listed as beta and norton from ASrock's website Note I did install my GPU driver correctly from nvidia for the correct model https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450%20steel%20legend/index.asp#Download Afterwards, I installed some standard monitoring software Gpu-z, tweaked some windows settings, and began to install steam, origin, blizzard. I began to download Overwatch, when I experienced my first crash. During the installation the PC rebooted 3 times, which I figured was part of the installation. Logged back into windows each time, reloaded blizzard until the installation finished. I then did the same with Apex, and when that started to crash I got a bad feeling. I went into Windows Event Viewer to find the following errors: A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error Processor APIC-ID: 0 The details view of this entry contains further information. and The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Source: Kernel-Power These would report after every crash. I then: I used whatever AMD monitor software came with the drivers I installed to monitor the CPU to confirm it wasn't overheating I completely disassembled the PC, reseating the motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU, all cables, RAM, m.2 memory Rebooted, tried to load Overwatch to see what would happen, and crashed I decided to restart my PC and load the boot menu. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the same USB as previously, and deleted all partitions. Clean win10 installation, I did all windows updates again. This time I only downloaded the CPU driver from AMD, and GPU driver from nvidia I still crashed shortly after both driver installations and reboot while idle, monitoring the CPU temp which still only sat 40-50 degrees Celsius Here I am now, not sure what to test or look at. The obvious solution is to try update the BIOS, but I'm worried it'll crash mid-install and break the motherboard. BIOS version currently P3.4 Since reinstalling windows the the drivers I've only crashed the once, but I haven't tried to intentionally stress the system with a large install which is what primarily triggered the crashes previously. Are there any other solutions / tests I can run to see if something else is defective such as the PSU or CPU? Also, could there still be traces or lasting damage for any of the hardware from the incorrect drivers installed? Side note: My biggest error when building the PC was accidentally using the wrong screws that came with my case itself to screw the PSU to the case, turned the pc on once briefly to load the bios, then realized the error and used the right screws. However they were small screws and seemingly connected to nothing within the PSU so I don't think that would've been enough to fry it. Tl;DR Installed the wrong drivers, and I have mysterious system reboots which may be a result of a non-updated motherboard bios..?

:)

Ian{}1, Jan 1, 2021
  2. xXTenXx Win User

PC Randomly Reboots

Just recently, my PC started to randomly reboot, to start it was once every other day, and know every few minutes.
    Any suggestions to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

xXTenXx, Jan 1, 2021
  3. 808 reboots itself randomly

My brand new 808 reboots itself so often its is unusable. I cannot even access setting or apps-for a short time (half hour) I could, it seemed, but now it reboots randomly while justing sititng there, and sometimes reboots after rebooting.

jeffgibbstc, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. BRAND NEW PC RANDOMLY REBOOTING - Similar Threads - BRAND RANDOMLY REBOOTING

2. Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files: I just bought this PC and it will randomly reboot or blue screen. Everything is updated and I already scanned my PC. Listed below is a link to my minidump file. If anyone could find out what the issue is, it would help a lot....
  3. Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files: I just bought this PC and it will randomly reboot or blue screen. Everything is updated and I already scanned my PC. Listed below is a link to my minidump file. If anyone could find out what the issue is, it would help a lot....
  4. Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly: Link to event files.Hi,Brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro x64.Intel i7-10700k32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAMAsus Z490-I MoboAsus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti2 PCIe SSDs M.2 / 1 Sata SSD Corsair SFX-750 750W PSUI've been struggling troubleshooting why my PC is just randomly freezing and...
  5. Random ping spikes on brand new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random ping spikes on brand new pc: I got my pc yesterday and I havent had any fun with it yet because I get a lag spike like every 30 seconds. My ping is always consitent when I play on my xbox I dont know why it keeps spiking on pc, its made every game unplayable. Does anybody know how to fix this?[IMG]...
  6. New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots

New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots: I recently built a new PC which has been getting frequent crashes. Can anyone help me solve this issue, included below is a Minidump from the most recent crash, as well some computer part information if that helps. Please let me know if you need any more information and...
  7. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  8. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  9. Brand New PC - BSOD Tonight & Games Randomly Crashing

Brand New PC - BSOD Tonight & Games Randomly Crashing: Hi! I just got a new PC yesterday. I downloaded (what I thought) was all of the necessary drivers and software, but when I'm playing games they crash and just tonight I got a BSOD. I was not able to get the code of the BSOD, because the computer restarted so quickly. Can...
  10. random crash on brand new build

random crash on brand new build: just as the title says this is a brand new build specs are as follows motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii cpu intel core i7 6800k cpu cooler hyper 212 gpu asus strix gtx 1070 8gb crucial ballistix 32gb ddr4 2400 1tb ssd (os) brought over from old system 1tb wd red...