Windows 10: Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen

Discus and support Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So to start off, here's my specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Samsung 980 pro ssd G skill rapjaws 16 gig memory Geforce rtx 3070 Aorus b550 master... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AustinLaboy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen

So to start off, here's my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Samsung 980 pro ssd

G skill rapjaws 16 gig memory

Geforce rtx 3070

Aorus b550 master motherboard

I have been having this problem for two weeks now and I have no idea what can be the cause of it. Here's what ive done for troubleshooting:

Updated my system bios

Reset my system bios
    Changed my booting from UEFI to legacy

Replaced my processer

I still have no idea what can be the issue here. I have done hours of research to try and figure out what went wrong but I still cant seem to get it. Is tbere any help or advice that can be laid out for this to potentially be fixed? Thanks.

:)

AustinLaboy, Apr 5, 2021
  2. KingPang Win User

PC Freezes on boot even from usb and blank HDD

Pc freezes on the windows splash screen spinning dots stop moving and i have to reset my pc, can't boot from a windows usb either or safe mode, Brand new ram and motherboard was happening on the previous mother board as well

KingPang, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Game Freezes at Splash Screen

Trying to play a game (doesn't matter which one) but it always freezes at the splash screen. Someone had recommended that I use the "-quickstart" command in the Shorcut -> Target line to skip it. However, doesn't seem to help. Any advice?

HartleySan, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Vikram Win User

Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen

No motherboard splash screen, and cannot boot into UEFI

I have a PC with the following specs:

• Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming Motherboard
    • Ryzen 5 2600
    • 8GB DDR4 RAM
    • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition

The problem is that I very rarely get the motherboard splash screen, and the PC goes directly to Windows after turning on. In Windows everything works normally.

Whenever I press DEL or F2 to access the UEFI, the monitor just stays on a black screen, and I'm left with no choice but to turn the computer off by holding down the power button. This problem also persists when trying to access the UEFI by doing a Shift+Restart in Windows 10.

Very rarely under unknown circumstances, I do get the splash screen, at which point I can press DEL or F2 to access the UEFI.

I strongly suspect that the UEFI is in fact booting when I press DEL or F2, but for some reason, the graphics card is not outputting any video when on the splash screen or in the UEFI. It only starts working after booting into Windows 10. In Windows it works fine.

I've tried the other DisplayPort ports on the GPU, and also the port on the motherboard itself, but no dice.

Did I correctly identify the issue, and how do I fix it?

Vikram, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen

1. Brand new pc will not install windows and freezes on my motherboards splash screen - Similar Threads - Brand install freezes

2. Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001: Hey All,I have a brand new PC, Brand new WD Green 1TB SSD, and a brand new windows 11 official USB.I have had two errors consistently with trying to install windows on the computer.General specs of the computer: - 16GB Ram, - RX6600 - Ryzen 5 4600G - Gigabyte B550M F on the...
  3. Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC Freezing and Restarting Randomly: Link to event files.Hi,Brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro x64.Intel i7-10700k32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAMAsus Z490-I MoboAsus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti2 PCIe SSDs M.2 / 1 Sata SSD Corsair SFX-750 750W PSUI've been struggling troubleshooting why my PC is just randomly freezing and...
  4. Brand new PC - black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new PC - black screen: Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number) I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a few hours later, I got a black screen. The mouse works because I see the pointer moving. How do I get it to work? Thank you...
  5. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  6. Freeze/ Splash Screen

Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  7. Win 10 freezing my brand new PC

Win 10 freezing my brand new PC: Hi, I ahve just spent over a thousand pounds on a new PC and it keeps freezing randomly no matter what I am doing! It is NOT a hardware issue it is Windows 10! I have a 4 year old PC that is running win 7 and it has no issues what so ever never has it crashed due to the...
  8. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  9. Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

Brand new PC build keeps freezing?: Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally freeze temporarily and the CPU speed will spike to 4.7 GHz. I'm just on my Desktop with a couple of programs open, usually Task...
  10. Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand New PC Freezing Upon Update: Hi, I just finished building my new rig, and was attempting to update my Windows apps and such when my PC froze. I attempted again, and came out with the same outcome. I found that if windows does NOT ask to update or anything like that, the PC runs fine. Any suggestions? I...