Windows 10: Brand new R7 360: Thread stuck in device

Discus and support Brand new R7 360: Thread stuck in device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My old R7 260x died and i bought this card. So, i installed the card and with some minutes of stability test on AIDA64 i get the blue screen. The PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iaiew, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Iaiew Win User

Brand new R7 360: Thread stuck in device

My old R7 260x died and i bought this card. So, i installed the card and with some minutes of stability test on AIDA64 i get the blue screen. The PC restarted and when booting, it crashed again. I had to remove the card to make the PC function normally, so i cleaned the AMD driver with DDU and plugged the card again. Didn't get any crash until i tried to install the latest driver, it gets half way done and crash. I tried to repeat this process 3 times and i always get the same problem. I ALWAYS get a BSOD when trying to install the driver. Already tried via AMD installer and device manager, but it starts to install and crashes a while after, especifically when "installing display driver". I installed W10 in a clean partition, but didn't work. Also tried a lot of things that i saw on internet like replace the atikmdag.sys from the driver folder but nothing seems to work.
    I disabled the display driver in device manager and i'm using the PC with the card plugged without any crash, i already had some random crashes before, but now is only when i try to install the display driver,

Saw in some places that updating the BIOS will solve the problem, but i looked in the ASUS website, and i already have the latest BIOS. But some variations of my motherboard have most recent upgrades.

Do you guys think is worth roll back to W7 and see if the problem continues or even install Linux to make sure that the problem is not with the hardware ? I had a similar problem with my R7 260x, perhaps this means that the problem is on the MB ?

Setup:
    Windows 10 x64, formated today
    FX 6300
    XFX R7 360
    M5A78L-M LX/BR
    Corsair CX430

PS: Sorry for my english, if you don't understand something, just ask me.

:)

Iaiew, Jul 10, 2016

2. Blue Screen with Windows 10 and R7 200 (THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER)

These were Related to dxgkrnl.sys DirectX Graphics Kernel from Microsoft Corporation but I believe the actual issue is the video driver. I would completely remove the current driver

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 10, 2016
  3. RaJaBa21 Win User
    Blue Screen with Windows 10 and R7 200 (THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER)

Hi guys, how are you?

I bought my Windows 7 computer
    and now that made the update for
    Windows 10 started to show the Blue Screen of Death
    with error THREAD STUCK IN
    DEVICE DRIVER, can you help me please
    ?!

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/15/2015, 09:57:26

Machine name: USUARIO-PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150807-2049)

Language: Portuguese (Regional Setting: Portuguese)

System Manufacturer: ASUS

System Model: All Series

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8060MB RAM

Page File: 2919MB used, 13333MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

Miracast: Not Available

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Full report for dxdiag: DxDiag.txt

Thanks!

Rafael Barros

RaJaBa21, Jul 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Have you tried disabling the AMD Turbo Core Technology. I have seen that this can trigger BSODs

philc43, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Brand new R7 360: Thread stuck in device - Similar Threads - Brand 360 Thread

2. Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thread stuck in device driver: So I have this BSOD problem. It started after updating a game called Roblox. Around 5 minutes into the game, it goes into a blank screen then the BSOD appears. Sometimes after restart it cannot go into sign in page and sometimes can around 5 - 10 minutes before the BSOD...
  3. Thread Stuck in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello, I'm dealing with this error since a long time ago, at least twice a week. I own an Acer Aspire 5 - A515-41G-16BQ, but I assume msinfo will contain all other necessary info. In short, I have updated everything: - BIOS - W10 - AMD drivers - sound drivers Every single...
  4. Thread Stuck in device driver

Thread Stuck in device driver: [IMG]Quisiera saber por que me está dando este problema, el cual es muy frecuente a la hora en la que estoy en alguna aplicación o un juego, y abro google chrome, despues de 1 minuto de abierto, me da el pantallazo azul...
  5. Thread stuck in device driver.

Thread stuck in device driver.: Currently on 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) Fresh Windows 10 installation. I did the V2 log collector 1.10 step, the file is attached below. This BSOD is really persistent. Happened also before I reinstalled Windows. 168833
  6. THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: I keep getting the BSOD with the stop code of THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER.I already know that the cause is outdated ,malfunctioning or wrongly installed device drivers, specifically the display drivers.I am 100% sure because once i disable my graphics card which is Radeon...
  7. Thread Stuck in a Device Driver

Thread Stuck in a Device Driver: I think so there is huge problem in windows 10. i installed windows 10 , 2 times from a bootable pendrive. my laptop eventually crashes i have tested with fhree Amd drivers 20.4.1 20.5.1 & Now 20.7.1 it always crahses i am not sure if there is a problem with AMD. i...
  8. New Laptop BSOD Thread Stuck In Device Driver

New Laptop BSOD Thread Stuck In Device Driver: Hello. Had a BSOD on my two week old Lenovo Ideapad 5 Ryzen laptop. Seemingly a driver issue? Not sure so would appreaciate any help BSOD.zip 158122
  9. Thread stuck In device driver

Thread stuck In device driver: So last week I bought an Asus fx505 with and Ryzen 7 3550H and I did the basic deiver updates when I got it, and from time to time I've been getting a BSOD that says Thread Stuck In Device drive. I already got the dumpfiles but I just don't know how to read them. This are...
  10. Thread stuck in device driver

Thread stuck in device driver: I was playing The outer worlds and then this blue screen just came up. I built this computer in November and I use a X570 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard and a 3600X with a Vega 56. My RAM is 32 GB (2x16) 3200 speed but I had to enable XMP in my BIOS in order to have it run at...